Company: HR Partners
Posted on: February 14, 2020
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-TimeReporting Relationship:
Finance ManagerSchedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
(or similar schedule)Who We Are: Community Care Network of Kansas
Community Care Network of Kansas (Community Care) strives to make
sure all Kansans have access to high-quality, community-based,
whole-person health care close to home.We are a statewide
association made up of a network of community care clinics. Our
members serve as the community resource at the local level,
dedicated to ensuring the best medical, dental and behavioral care
is available to all.Together, we are leaders in health care
training, technical assistance, and public policy discussions at
the local, state and federal levels. We collaborate with other
health care providers, foundations and individuals who partnered to
educate and advocate for equitable access to high-quality care for
all. We believe healthy Kansans build strong and vibrant
communities, which strengthens the overall quality of life in our
great state.Primary Accountabilities (Responsibilities): Reporting
to the Finance Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for
assisting the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in successfully
managing the finance functions of Community Care Network of
- Supports primary accounting processes including cash
disbursements, accounts receivable, expense report processing,
payroll and monthly account reconcilement.
- Assists with monthly close and associated management reporting
- Assists with schedule preparation for annual external
- Organizes and maintains accounting and financial files and
- Monitors compliance with internal polices related to cash
disbursement as well as external rules, regulations and laws with
which Community Care must comply.
- Files quarterly and annual regulatory filing which includes and
is not limited to state and federal tax withholding.
- Identifies issues and recommends improvements to policies and
processes related to financial activities.
- Supports the annual budgeting cycle including analysis and
identification of trends.
- Conducts new hire training of accounting policies and expense
- Resolves payable and receivable discrepancies
- Completes surveys and requests for information including, but
not limited to, payroll.
- Provides administrative support to the Finance Manager and CFO
- Assists the Finance Manager and CFO with grants financial
management reporting and tracking.
- Works with Finance Manager and CFO on improving finance,
accounting, and banking processes.
- Documents all procedures and financial notes in OneNote.
- Works with CFO to utilize technology to improve and automate
processes. This includes, but is not limited to, Smartsheet,
OneNote, Office TSheets, Quickbooks and other technology as
- Bachelors degree in accounting or a related business field is
- One to two (1-2) years of work related experience
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Microsoft Office Suite or similar
- Understanding and ability to adhere to generally accepted
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team
member who can positively and productively affect both strategic
and tactical operations and administrative initiatives.
- Unrestricted Drivers license required.
- Ability to travel as needed within the state and to attend
national meetings (limited travel is expected).Preferred
- Three to five years of accounting experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost
- Leadership skills, understanding of cultural influences on
health status and underserved populations and a willingness to
assist health professionals in improving quality care.
- Quickbooks CertificationPhysical Demands:
- Regularly required to maintain stationary position, with
occasional need to relocate to attend meetings internally and
- Ability to read computer screens and operate computer
peripherals for an extended period of time, or the ability to
discern electronic information through reasonably available
- Regularly required to communicate with staff, members and
stakeholders in writing, video conferencing and in person
meetings.Additional Duties: Additional duties and responsibilities
may be added to this job description at any time. The job
description does not sate or imply that these are the only
activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this
position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities
are requested by their supervisor.Comments: Community Care Network
of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an excellent
retirement plan, employee benefit program and competitive
compensation commensurate with qualifications.
Keywords: HR Partners, Topeka , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!