Head of Loan Administration
Company: HR Partners
Posted on: May 18, 2023
Company:Kaw Valley Bank
Title:Head of Loan Administration
Job Classification:Exempt, Full-Time
The Head of Loan Administration is responsible for working directly
with the Bank's lending staff to process our loan portfolio, which
includes consumer, residential real estate, agriculture, and
commercial loans. Ongoing responsibilities include the day-to-day
management of the Loan Operations Department. Participating in
strategic direction for commercial/consumer/mortgage banking
initiatives; providing direct training to allow those persons to
perform and manage effectively. This position will operate as a
subject matter expert both within Loan Operations and in regards
loan accounting issues, procedural issues, and technical
- Work with our lending staff to process and close loan
- Mentor and train other loan processors on proper
- Responsible for managing the Loan Operations Department by
ensuring accurate and timely servicing of the Bank's loan
portfolio, overseeing the production of loan documentation relating
to the opening, servicing and closing of all loans, and ensuring
loans and agreements comply with state and federal laws,
regulations and Bank lending policies and procedures.
- Ensures department activities run smoothly and efficiently;
provides leadership, training and supervision within the
department; provides a high level of customer relations and
service; performs direct supervisory duties of department staff,
coordinates staff for coverage in all related areas of the
department; and is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled
in all areas of servicing loans.
- Monitors staff in loan documentation preparation and quality
control, and ensures the organization of the department,
coordinating available resources (e.g. staff, materials, etc.) for
- Reviews loan documentation for accuracy and completeness, and
monitors compliance with state and federal laws, rules and
regulations and the Bank's lending policies and
- Consistently applies superior decision-making techniques
pertaining to inquiries, approvals, request as they apply to
existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval
limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee
- Services and maintains investor sold participations and ensures
investors are provided reports in accordance with
- Services and maintains data on non-accrual and/or charged-off
loans; makes loan grade changes as directed.
- Ensures implementation and compliance to meet security
precautions and protect customer loans, collateral, Bank assets and
- Assists the Chief Credit Officer in implementing cost controls
for the department and monitors expenses to ensure compliance with
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the
trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds
organizational values; and accepts responsibility for own
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and
processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules
and regulations, and adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Communicate with other bank department managers and officers to
promote efficient workflow and establish positive work
relationships across the organization.
- Responsible for the overall loan operations management and
oversight of the commercial, real estate, mortgage, and consumer
loan accounting systems, processes and loan operations
- This position will oversee the team's training and development,
periodic staff reviews, problem resolution, and ensuring that the
department meets its goals.
- Maintain and demonstrate proficiency with loan software
applications (CreditQuest, ConsumerBot, Mortgagebot, LaserPro, GEO
pro, and imaging system) and help oversee the vendor management
functions for these software platforms along with Suntell and Core
- Work with system providers and vendors to utilize applications
to the fullest capacity, streamline processes and procedures, and
ensure accuracy and compliance. Implement periodic updates to
system software, verify that enhancements are working correctly and
train department staff on updates.
- Supervise all aspects of loan operations including generation
of loan documents, payoffs, draw requests, collateral management,
post-closing functions, document imaging, e-signatures and
balancing general ledger accounts.
- Be responsible for timely preparation reports including but not
limited to Board, SBA, regulatory, audit, and external loan
- Serve on Bank's Compliance Committee and adhere to all state
and federal banking regulations, research new regulations, suggest
changes to policies and procedures, and implement them as
necessary. Stay current on compliance and regulations by attending
seminars and reading available information.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in financial services
- Previous experience in commercial banking loan operations with
increasing level of supervisory/manager responsibility.
- Software knowledge of common LOS, LAS, and bank core
- Strong knowledge of all loan operations functions.
- Previous experience in loan processing/administration.
Knowledge/experience in residential real estate loan processing is
Employee Benefits Include: Paid Sick/Vacation Time, Paid Holidays,
Health & Dental Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability, 401(K)
with a Match plus more.
Please apply at:We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: HR Partners, Topeka , Head of Loan Administration, Accounting, Auditing , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...