Financial Reporting Staff Accountant I
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Financial Reporting Staff Accountant I Future-Proof Your Career-Join SE2 as the Financial Reporting Staff Accountant! SE2 is a leading third party administrator for the US life and annuity insurance industry. SE2 combines its full spectrum of innovative end-to-end business operational services, 125 years of life insurance heritage, and a purpose-built state of the art technology platform. These teamed items allow SE2 to enhance interactions at each stage of the customer lifecycle at life and annuity insurance carriers. SE2 is one of the fastest growing business process servicing companies in the country; our growth is powered by bright, dynamic and outcome driven people with a passion for customer service. It's why we hire, develop and retain exceptional people who thrive in a highly collaborative and fun environment that provides infinite opportunities for growth and advancement within a global organization. General Accountabilities: The Accounting Operations functions are responsible for the day to day financial information of money in, money out, valuation and trading of investments, suspense, commissions and taxation. The Financial Reporting Staff Accountant will apply accounting and finance principles to daily tasks, projects, and implementations in accordance with internal procedures, client guidelines, state and federal agencies, FINRA, and SEC regulations. The focus of the Financial Reporting Staff Accountant is to provide high quality service across all SE2 clients by delivering accurate financial information through researching and analyzing accounting and investment data, completing quality reconciliations, and providing essential reporting. Duties& Responsibilities:
- Perform and provide reporting to clients as required.
- Complete account reconciliations, troubleshoots, analyzes, researches, and resolves discrepancies.
- Balance withholding tax for both federal and state in tax software daily.
- Identify withholding tax offages related to outgoing policyholder funds. Report issues to other internal teams or analyze and perform manual accounting based on client expected results to ensure meets general ledger file requirements.
- Perform cross-training to new associates.
- Identify and initiate process improvements.
- Maintain and update tax withholding tables in administrative systems as needed.
- Perform testing and analysis for system releases impacting tax reporting as requested.
- Participate and support product development and conversion activities for new and existing clients.
- Facilitate communication with clients, internal customers, project managers, taxing authorities and system vendors for in-depth understanding of business requirements.
- Research discrepancies to be compliant with regulatory guidelines.
- Utilize multiple administrative systems to report data to external clients.
- Prepare tax reporting and correspond with state and federal agencies.
- Prepare forms for contract holder related disbursements (Series 1099, W-2, 1042 and Puerto Rico) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years of experience with insurance accounting and investments considered an asset.
- Strong to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong quantitative, research, and analytical skills
- Proven problem solving, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills with ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with tax reporting considered an asset.
- Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft considered an asset.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately, working independently and with team members.
- Ability to learn inputs and outputs of multiple systems and impacts.
- Ability to complete industry related classes and designations.
- Ability to develop training materials, tools and job aides to enhance the service performance of Accounting Operation associates. Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company to enjoy a competitive compensation and benefit package, including health/dental insurance, profit sharing, 401(k), incentive/bonus payments, tuition reimbursement, and more. Visit our website at for more information. Apply by completing the online application on our website in the Career Section. EOE
Keywords: Se2, Topeka , Financial Reporting Staff Accountant I, Advertising , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!