Light Construction Service Technician
Company: KanEquip, Inc.
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Position Title: Light Construction Service TechnicianReports to:
Service ManagerLocation: Wamego, KSFLSA Classification:
Non-ExemptEmployee Statutes: Full Time, PermanentKanEquip:
KanEquip has been in business for over 52 years, starting in
Wamego, KS. In 1999 KanEquip was formed by merging several
locations together. KanEquip is currently one of the largest
equipment dealers in North America. KanEquip has grown to having 14
locations across Kansas and Nebraska with over 300 employees. Our
main lines are New Holland and Case-IH along with many great
shortline companies. KanEquip's mission is "to be a leader and
trusted partner in providing quality products, support and
innovative solution to agricultural producers in the Midwest".
KanEquip would love to make you a part of our family and
team!Purpose:The Light Construction Service Technician is
responsible for performing both basic and complex diagnostics on
light construction equipment, and perform repairs and maintenance
on both customer-owned, and dealer-owned, equipment. He / she is
responsible for good customer communication as needed, ensuring a
clean and safe work environment, continually develop technical
skills with evolving products, and perform work at customers sites
as required.Job Responsibilities (ranked in significance):
- Company Values: Ensures all company values are adhered to and
promoted. This would include leading by example and participation
in employee recognition programs.
- Service Diagnostics: Performs basic / complex diagnostics on
light construction equipment, determining what repairs are needed
and/or recommended for future attention / maintenance. This can be
for either customer-owned equipment located at the shop or at
customer's site, or dealer-owned equipment (inspections).
- Service Repairs: Performs repairs on above equipment
(electrical, hydraulic, mechanical) as requested by manager.
Accountable for performing quality work and attaining stated goals
- Service Training / Development: Participates in all requested
job-related training and development, as well as taking an active
interest in improving skills with other training programs.
- Service Paperwork: Completes all reports and forms for service
operations in a timely and accurate manner. This would include
inspection reports, warranty comments, work orders, etc. Uses CNH
and JCB Asist as appropriate. Uses computers / tablets for data
entry as required. Ensure manager is aware of any issues /
surprises which can impact customer billing or satisfaction.
Ensures accurate timekeeping for job costing.
- Equipment and Tools: Maintains good condition and cleanliness
of company vehicles inventory, tools, and equipment, including
return of tools to storage areas.
- Safety: Follows all company and common sense safety policies,
while using all required personal safety equipment. Ensures a safe
work environment in his bay; reports any issues in bay or other
service work areas to manager for follow-up.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with other technicians, parts,
and sales personnel. Mentors Service Technician Apprentices and
junior Technicians as able. Works afterhours (daily or weekend) as
- Communications: Ensures good communication within location, and
with other locations / employees. Communicates appropriately with
customers, and conveys any operational issues to
- Technical degree in Agricultural or Construction Mechanics, or
High School Diploma or GED with 4 years of experience in service
- Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and techniques
used in the repair of Light Construction Equipment.
- Outstanding knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic
- Owns mechanic tool set appropriate for the work required.
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used in
service shops (diagnostic equipment, forklifts, hydraulic lifts,
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
- Expertise with computer systems, including MS office and
- Ability to work extended hours during the week and on
- Ability to travel to company meetings and training events as
- Ability to lift 75 pounds as required without assistance
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle status, with current driver's license,
and ability to operate motor vehicle
Keywords: KanEquip, Inc., Topeka , Light Construction Service Technician, Engineering , Wamego, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!