Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Job DescriptionAs a Site Reliability Engineer your
responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Ensures the efficient planning, provisioning,
installation/configuration, maintenance, and/or operations of the
hardware and software infrastructure required to build, validate,
and release a wide variety of hardware and software products and
- Works closely with development and quality teams to derive
infrastructure design requirements, build, test, and automate tools
appropriate to the project, and/or implements and maintains of
those systems within the constraints imposed by Intel enterprise
infrastructure (IT) and other governing bodies.
- Owns the end to end delivery pipeline, including source code
management, versioning/tagging strategy, component build and
packaging, test automation tooling, release staging, acceptance
and/or indicators, required security and IP scans, any third-party
conformance tools, artifact storage and distribution, and disaster
- Identifies opportunities and implements solutions for increased
automation, reliability, and/or velocity within the pipeline
through implementation of robust infrastructure telemetry, KPIs,
and indicators, and by monitoring and applying industry best
practices.In addition the ideal candidate should also exhibit the
- Excellent problem-solving skills to troubleshoot complex
- Passion in delivering high quality end-user
experience.QualificationsMinimum qualifications are required to be
initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications
are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a
plus factor in identifying top candidates.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science or any
other related field.
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux.
- Minimum of 4+ years of Linux system administration experience
- Automation using Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Monitoring and visualization using Prometheus, ELK stack,
Grafana, New-Relic, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced Linux concepts (like Namespaces, Cgroups,
SystemD, JournalD and FirewallD)
- Solid knowledge bare-metal clustering and deployment
- Solid knowledge of storage (NAS, Object) and networking.
- Hands on experience: Shell, Python, Go, Ruby, etc.
- Experience in designing and operating highly scalable, highly
available solution.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with containers and orchestration systems is a plus
(Kubernetes and Docker a plus).Inside this Business GroupIntel's
Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the
information technology architecture and hardware/software
applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data
centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise
applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development,
data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.Covid
StatementIntel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated
against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws
and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government
mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including
guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over
time.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, military and veteran status, marital status,
pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual
orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law,
regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation
package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of
competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more
information about our Amazing Benefits here:
ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which
allows employees to split their time between working on-site at
their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances
the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
Keywords: Intel, Topeka , Site Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!