Senior Middleware Engineer
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryTechnologyCompensation OverviewThe annual base
salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market
range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across
the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined
by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and
location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials
and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of
employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits
program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash
incentive awards.Salary Range$89,400.00 - $147,400.00Target
Openings1What Is the Opportunity?Under general supervision,
demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed
related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of
Java runtime-based infrastructure technologies such as IBM Liberty.
Plans at an operational level designing and developing technology
solutions interfacing with appropriate customers, management and
technical resources. Facilitates and/or participates in the design,
development, and implementation of large complex technology
solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas.
Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve
multiple platforms, from traditional IaaS to PaaS and other
container-based technologies. Strong ability to multi-task in an
environment of changing priorities.What Will You Do?
- Responsible for leading projects that involves design and
development of the complex Middleware environment involving IHS,
WebSphere Application Server, Liberty, JBoss, Tomcat and others
- Responsible to integrate SSO with Application and configuration
- Create WebSphere profiles and configuring security, security
domain, LDAP configuration.
- Build Docker-base runtime images and Cloud Foundry buildpack
for application developers to consume.
- Overseeing deployment and operational tasks, monitoring
application server performance, modifying and updating technical
- Work with live applications to provide problem diagnosis,
create configuration reports, and conduct internal tests.
- Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer
requirements, transforming specifications into cost-effective,
technically correct solutions.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget
objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for establishing and managing to established
quality control and security protocols.
- Provides the division, department and business area management
with timely and accurate information regarding the status and
performance of the assigned project(s).
- With minimal supervision, leverages technology to develop,
redesign and/or implement optimal technology solutions.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and
production availability requirements.
- When necessary, participate in on-call or incident response
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Five years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Experience providing technical direction to project teams.
- Knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network,
Database, Server, Storage, DNS, Load-balancer, TLS certifcates,
Virtual Machines, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following technical
skills:- Java Programming Language- Linux shell scripting and
operating system administration- HTTP protocol and TLS Ciphers-
PowerShell and Windows operating system administration- Thread and
Memory analysis- XML and JSON data formatWhat is a Must Have?
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field, or
its equivalent in work experience, required.
- Three years of engineering-level experience in Technology is
required.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members
including spouses, domestic partners, and children are eligible for
coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, youre
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.If you are a candidate and have specific questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.Travelers reserves
the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level
included in this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive
benefit programs please visit
Keywords: Travelers, Topeka , Senior Middleware Engineer, Engineering , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!