Fleet Mechanic l - PTO Holidays
Company: Sturgeon Electric Company
Posted on: May 25, 2023
About the Role: As a Fleet Mechanic I with MYR Group, you'll use
your skills to perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and
minor equipment repairs safely and professionally. Every day, you
can improve and challenge yourself, and if you have the desire and
ambition, you'll have the potential to work toward higher-level
roles in our Fleet Department. Like every team member, we will rely
on you to provide exceptional customer service to internal
customers. Company Overview Since 1912, Sturgeon Electric Company,
Inc., a subsidiary of MYR Group, Inc, has provided comprehensive
electrical construction services to clients throughout the western
U.S. Sturgeon Electric has two divisions, offering both power line
construction and commercial/industrial electrical construction,
making it a full service electrical provider. Throughout our
history, we have partnered with utilities, municipalities,
commercial clients, and developers to deliver some of the largest
and most notable projects including
transmission/distribution/substation, commercial and industrial,
storm restoration, and renewable (solar and wind farms) energy. We
are consistently recognized as one of the top five specialty
electrical construction firms by Engineering News Record and were
recently named to Fortune's 2020 list of 100 Fastest-Growing
Companies. Essential Functions
- This is an entry-level position. Perform minor servicing and
repairs, with oversight from senior mechanics, on various types of
equipment, including malfunctioning parts and systems, in
compliance with manufacturer guidelines and company schedules.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance, including oil
changes and tune-ups.
- Identifies mechanical problems either visually or with computer
- Maintain records of time and materials used on each job, the
condition of the equipment, and the repairs performed.
- Track information in computer software; ensure repair orders
and weekly timesheets are complete and accurate.
- Conduct safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety
- Work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency
(EPA), Interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA), and other rules and regulations as
- Participate in training programs; maintain and update safety
skills and knowledge; keep current with hazardous material training
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Essential functions of this position are to be performed at a
Company-designed office or field location.
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business
Conduct and Ethics Policy and other industry-specific professional
and ethical standards. About You: Qualifications
- Must have completed a vocational/technical school program or
apprenticeship in vehicle and equipment repair OR have one year of
experience in general heavy truck repair, automotive repair, or
equipment repair; equivalent trade school/technical school time may
be applied toward this requirement.
- Must be capable of operating company vehicles and equipment on
a daily basis. The employee must have the ability to drive and have
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not
- Must be reliable and have a strong work ethic
- Must possess good teamwork skills to work effectively with
- Ability to communicate effectively to converse with employees,
read orders and work instructions, and make accurate entries in the
- Basic computer or data entry skills
- Experience using mechanical tools, materials, and testing
- Working knowledge of design, adjustment, operation,
maintenance, and repair of vehicles and equipment
- Ability to follow posted safety rules and safe operating
- Basic understanding of applicable regulatory guidelines and
- Reaching (including above your head); bending, climbing,
pushing, pulling, twisting, squatting and kneeling to perform
repairs and inspectionsLifting - medium level work - exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force
frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Must be able to routinely perform work both indoors in
climate-controlled shared work area with moderate to loud noise
level, outside in sometimes inclement weather, or potentially
- May be subject to hazards including variety of physical
conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts and moving
- May be subject to vibration, such as oscillating movements of
extremities or entire bodyUpon recommendation of the immediate
supervisor, approval by the VP of Fleet, and demonstrated
proficiency to meet the job requirements of the next level,
incumbents in this position level may advance to the next level
classification based on position availability. What We Offer:
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary $40100-$60100 / year
- Commensurate with experience, paid weekly. Posted salary ranges
are made in good faith. MYR Group reserves the right to adjust
ranges depending on the qualifications of the selected
- Medical, Basic Vision, Regenexx, Teledoc, Hearing, Mental
Health (Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums) - $15 weekly
premium for employee or employee plus family coverage.
- Dental - 100% employer-paid premium.
- ThrivePass Health & Wellness Reimbursement Program - $250
quarterly, $1,000 annually for health and wellbeing-related
- Annual Paid Time Off starting at 15 days plus 10 paid Holidays
(Cultural Celebration Day is a floating holiday).
- Generous 401(k) Plan with 100% match up to 6%; immediate
vesting, and Annual profit-sharing potential.
- Superior educational assistance program (support for
educational costs, internal training, and more!).
- Company-paid short and long-term disability, life, and
accidental death & dismemberment.
- Company-paid business travel accident insurance.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Various voluntary plans available including supplemental
vision, accident and critical illness, ID theft, group legal, group
auto & home, and additional voluntary life insurance plans for
employees and dependents.Position may be subject to pre-employment
screening, which may include background check and drug testing.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at
1-855-635-1321. MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to
be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought,
culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We
are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and
respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are
merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin,
military service status, or other protected characteristics. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees. MYR Group does not sponsor
applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized
to work in the United States for any employer. MYR Group, Inc. and
our subsidiaries do not work with any third-party recruiters or
agencies without a valid signed agreement and partnership with the
Corporate Talent Acquisition Team. Appcast: #applow LinkedIn
Recruiter Assignment: #LI-JG1 LinkedIn Workplace: #LI-Onsite
Keywords: Sturgeon Electric Company, Topeka , Fleet Mechanic l - PTO Holidays, Engineering , Auburn, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...