CFO - The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis Campus (KS)
Company: Hillcrest Healthcare System
Posted on: February 22, 2021
CFO - The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis Campus
- Division: Corporate Division
- Job Class: Executives - Hospital Mgmt
- Status: Full - Time Regular
- Shift: Day
- Hours / Days of Work:
- Additional Information:
- Location: The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis
- Department: Administration
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Minimum Experience Required: Not Indicated Position
The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis Campus - Topeka,
Kansas The University of Kansas Health System (UKHS) St. Francis
Campus--in Topeka, Kansas is a joint venture between The University
of Kansas Health System and Nashville-based Ardent Health Services.
UKHS St. Francis Campus--began serving its community in 1909 as the
mission of a group of Catholic nuns who rose up to meet a need.
Over a century later, St. Francis consists of a 378-bed acute care
regional hospital, an Ambulatory Surgical Center, an Urgent Care
Network and 15 outpatient clinics. The hospital offers a
comprehensive cardiovascular services program and an accredited
Cancer Center. The surgical services program also includes general
surgery, orthopedics, neurosurgery, urology, ENT, GYN, plastics,
and podiatry. We offer diagnostic services both at the hospital and
at an off-campus location. UKHS St. Francis Campus is a--Joint
Commission certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center and Stroke
Rehabilitation Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary
PCI and Resuscitation, an accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer
Program, and a designated Baby-Friendly birth facility. UKHS St.
Francis Campus--is also a recipient of Get With The
Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.-- Job
Overview: We are currently recruiting for a dynamic leader to
joinThe University of Kansas Health System St. Francis Campus--as
the Chief Financial Officer.
The CFO is responsible for the overall financial administration for
the facility. Additional areas of responsibility may include:
general accounting, data processing, materials management,
information systems, and financial reporting. This position ensures
that the internal controls are adequate to safeguard the assets of
each entity and that the accounting systems are sufficient to
generate accurate and timely financial reporting. Responsibilities:
- Help create and implement initiatives in order to build and
grow the facility.
- Help analyze and see ideas from a financial mindset in order to
help ensure the success of future endeavors.
- Consult the Division CFO and Corporate office personnel
concerning the facility's financial affairs, financial goals, and
- Develop the operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure the accurate review of product line analysis, and
consult with the facility CEO and Division CFO.
- Prepare financial and management reports and prepare and
administer the facility's annual operation and capital budget.
- Plan and coordinate functions and activities of assigned
departments. Responsibilities include evaluating performance and
initiating or recommending personnel actions and maintaining good
employee relations with department staff.
- Ongoing monitoring of expense structure to identify
opportunities for efficiencies and cost reduction.
- Direct preparation of projections to inform facility and
Division leadership of anticipated performance in future
- Review and maintain a healthy revenue cycle in order to ensure
consistent cash flow.
- Work with the Division and joint venture partner on managed
care negotiations to maximize payor contracts. Position
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting/finance or related field
required. Master's Degree from an accredited college or university
in Hospital Administration or Business Administration
- Experience as a hospital CFO. Experience in an integrated
health delivery system strongly preferred.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Willingness to relocate to Topeka, Kansas. Ardent Health
Services invests in quality healthcare. Ardent makes considerable
investments in people, technology, facilities, and communities,
producing high quality care and extraordinary results. Since 2001,
those investments total more than $835 million. From newly
constructed facilities and expanded services, to lifesaving
technology and outstanding opportunities for employees, Ardent is
committed to providing its hospitals and clinics the tools needed
to succeed.-- Recapitalized and supported by the financial strength
of Ventas, Inc., an S&P 500 company and leading real estate
investment trust, and Equity Group Investments, Ardent is expanding
its network and bringing its unique combination of resources and
proven management expertise to new communities. Ardent Health
Services has become the second largest private for-profit hospital
operator in the United States. Ardent Health Services consists of:
- 30 hospitals in six states
- 4,395 licensed beds
- $4.4 billion in revenue We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
protected class. The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis
Campus Full - Time Regular
Keywords: Hillcrest Healthcare System, Topeka , CFO - The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis Campus (KS), Executive , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!