Company: MILITARY DELI BAKERY SERVICES INC
Location: Fort Riley
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Now Hiring Assistant manager/shift leadMilitary Deli & Bakery
Services is the #1 provider of deli/bakeries to U.S. Military
Commissaries with 103 locations nationwide.Come and join our team,
where we pride ourselves in providing excellent service to our
Nation's Military Personnel and their families!This is Not a
government job- Civilians welcome!Please be aware that per Biden's
Executive Order, all government personnel and contractors, as well
as any employer with 100 or more employees, must be fully
vaccinated or will be required to test weekly.Location: Fort
RileyJob requirements2+ years grocery or 2+ years food service
experiencePrevious shift lead/management experience mandatoryOpen
hours, full time, must be able to work some weekends and closing
shiftsFood handler's training preferableMust be willing to work in
a fast-paced environmentJOB SUMMARY: Assist Deli/Bakery Manager in
providing leadership in the departments by directing and managing
5-10 employees, ordering raw materials and supplies, and
implementing merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of
the business. Maintain high levels of customer service, while
meeting commissary requirements and maximizing profits. Oversee and
enforce Food Safety and Sanitation policies and procedures.MAJOR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help to manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and
ordering raw materials and supplies in order to meet customer
requirements and maximize profits.
- Schedule employees and delegate work assignments in accordance
with company policy, utilizing employees and supplies to maximize
the store's profits.
- Prepare, maintain, and track records concerning inventories and
work processes to calculate monthly profit according to Company
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and
suggestions in order to meet the financial objectives of the
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations
to increase profitability.
- Assist in training employees in order to reduce turnover,
promote efficiency, adhere to safety and food regulations, and
control labor costs.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure health and
safety requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain professional communication with commissary
management, which helps to meet the financial objectives of the
- Monitor customer satisfaction to identify areas needing
improvement and assist in developing processes and/or procedures to
address those issues.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation of
activities is available.
- Monitor employee morale and promote a teamwork environment
- Perform duties of staff as required in this hands-on
position.We offer EXCEPTIONAL Employee benefits including:
*Excellent Pay and individual major medical insurance for Full Time
Associates!"*10 plus Paid Holidays per year and Vacation Time for
both Full * AND * Part Time!We require a pre-employment criminal
background check.EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability Federal Contractor
Keywords: MILITARY DELI BAKERY SERVICES INC, Topeka , Assistant Manager, Executive , Fort Riley, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!