Secondary Market Manager
Company: Capitol Federal
Posted on: May 14, 2022
RoleDevelops and administers secondary market strategic
initiatives for buying and selling loans, and implements continuous
improvements and efficiencies to support the Bank's overall
goals.This position is an in-office position located in Topeka,
KS.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Cultivates new correspondent relationships while professionally
managing and enhancing existing relationships. Acts as a
relationship liaison to provide on-going operational and
underwriting support. Coordinates regularly scheduled calls on
correspondent banks providing them valuable feedback on performance
metrics, answering any questions, seeking economic feedback from
their geographic locations and providing product training as
needed. Coordinates initial and on-going financial and reputation
reviews on the correspondents and executes appropriate contracts.
Works with Executive Management to formulate strategies to ensure
interest rate and pricing competitiveness.
- Manages existing investor relationships and establishes new
private or secondary market investor relationships as needed to
support the Bank's lending programs and initiatives. Responsible
for coordinating required loan sale criteria for flow sales or bulk
loan sales. Executes appropriate contracts and administrates loan
selling systems as needed. Responsible for secondary market and
private investor guideline knowledge and best practices to support
and deliver loans in an accurate and timely manner. Formulates
strategies to execute trades to achieve best execution.
- Collaborates with Executive Management to create internal
policies, procedures, product descriptions, and underwriting
guidelines for all secondary market activities which are
competitive and maximize profitability. Monitors and manages any
exceptions. Ensures controls are adequately in place and documented
for all functions. Monitors financial market activity, interest
rate surveys, economic conditions and market trends to collaborate
with Executive Management for effective strategic planning.
- Leads initiatives to improve response time, loan quality and
customer satisfaction. Assesses internal processes for continuous
improvement and efficiencies to support any level of loan activity
and to lead the Bank into a more digital space to support eNotes,
eMortgages and eVaults.
- Manages solution processes including the loan origination
system administration for correspondent information, correspondent
portal integration to the loan origination system, secondary market
trade management, management of the pricing engine, MERS (Mortgage
Electronic Registration System), the website solution advertising
the Bank's mortgage loan interest rates, and the uploading of
purchased loans to the servicing system.
- Creates and provides accurate pipeline, purchase or loan sale
activity reports on a monthly, quarterly and fiscal year schedule.
Coordinates business continuity and SOX reporting activity for the
department. Serves on various bank financial committees as
- Collaborates with other Bank Managers to share secondary market
strategies and support lending initiatives to meet the overall
objective of the Bank.
- Leads a team responsible for purchasing, selling and shipping
quality loans, managing interest rate changes and communications to
appropriate departments and staff, uploading purchased loans to the
servicing system, and efficiently monitoring and managing
outstanding trailing documents.
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and providing on-going growth
development for team members. Reviews and evaluates performance of
team members and recommends salary adjustments, promotions,
discharges and other personnel related actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals.
- Must comply with current applicable laws, regulations and bank
policies and procedures. Comply with all safety policies, practices
and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or
- Minimum of five years related experience in Secondary Marketing
with Mortgage Loan Underwriting experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years of job-related management experience.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics
required or equivalent work experience. Experience with systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct and influence change.
- Demonstrated ability to identify strategic opportunities and
make specific recommendations. Ability to drive quality and
productivity improvements involving system changes, process changes
and staff changes.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to meet strict daily,
weekly and monthly deadlines. Experience with Microsoft Office Word
Keywords: Capitol Federal, Topeka , Secondary Market Manager, Executive , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!