Nurse Manager-up to $10,000 Bonus!
Company: Brookdale Topeka
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Overview:Up to a $10,000 Combined Incentive bonuses!Annual
target 10% bonus!
Director of Nursing (Nurse Manager) at Brookdale Senior Living
Community in Topeka, KS - Our senior living facility is seeking an
experienced nurse manager (DON) to manage day to day clinical
operations. Manage LPN's, Charge Nurse.
Do you want to feel FULFILLED? Do you want to develop relationships
with patients and their loved ones from ALL walks of life? Do you
want to work in beautiful, family oriented communities that promote
living life to its fullest? Most importantly, do you want to know
that every single day you are making a difference in a resident's
Email email@example.com, or apply online today!
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Relationships and integrity are the heart of our culture. They help
us create a welcoming and inclusive community among our residents,
associates and patients that feels like family. They guide us to be
open in our communication with each other, and enable us to make
the right decisions for the people who have entrusted us with their
care. Our relationships and integrity work together to create a
positive impact in the lives of the people we touch.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive a competitive compensation and
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. You'll earn more
than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career
through professional development, as well as ongoing programs
catered to your overall health and wellness - physical, mental,
emotional, and financial. Most of all, we believe you can find
purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your
best possible self, join us!
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
- Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses,
incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and
regulations.Responsibilities:Manages the day-to-day clinical
services of a more complex community to ensure residents'
healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with
respect and dignity and ensures quality care as residents'
healthcare needs change. Supervises and provides leadership, as
well as coaching, to licensed nurses and other direct care staff
within the community. May be responsible for leading additional
clinical leadership team up to five members. The HWD level for each
community is determined based on the total complexity of the role.
Complexity criteria include, but are not limited to, factors such
as size, type of product lines, medication management regulations,
90-day assessment requirements, multiple licensure requirements,
state regulatory complexity, and skilled services requiring an RN.
Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based licensed,
certified, and non-certified clinical associates.
- Empowers clinical leaders to supervise, direct, and motivate
staff within their oversight.
- Assigns and directs work of clinical leaders and subordinates;
appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates;
addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Provides training and education to caregivers on an ongoing
basis with classroom in-services and situation-specific
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews
documentation performed by caregiving staff.
- As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses
health, oversees medication administration, oversees functional and
psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service
plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident,
evaluates effectiveness, and maximizes the resident's opportunity
to remain in their environment.
- Manages the health care of residents, including the
dissemination of information to families and associates. Ensures
that family members are aware of the resident's need for scheduled
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new
residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior
to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments,
service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as
required by policy and as described or allowed in Nurse Practice
Act or other state regulation.
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate
care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with
resident families with the intent of returning resident to
- Evaluates residents, documents changes in condition, and
notifies Executive Director, resident's physician, and resident's
legally responsible party/family of resident's condition and
- Communicates with physicians regarding residents' status and
condition changes. Ensures residents are prepared for physician
appointments and visits.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving
home health care, hospice services, and other third party
- Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care
issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate
parties as needed.
- Ensures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist,
doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance,
etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to
reduce the occurrence of Workers' Compensation claims by
appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and
involving therapy services as indicated.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by their
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
- Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Clinical leadership
- Working knowledge of basic technology and electronic
- Skilled nursing experience may be required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
State nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN). Must have valid driver's
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness, or a
combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and
desire to understand the culture and work environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
- Requires Driving: Drives Self (Tier 2)
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Topeka, Topeka , Nurse Manager-up to $10,000 Bonus!, Executive , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!