Part-Time House Director
Company: Delta Gamma Alpha Kappa House
Posted on: May 24, 2023
The House Director is responsible for the overall operations of the House; including but not limited to the day-to-day maintenance, cleanliness, food service and safety of the House. The House Director consults with the House Corporation for guidance and assistance in executing the duties as needed.
- Ensures a safe and productive environment for collegians and staff.
- Responds appropriately during all emergency situations by contacting appropriate parties.
- Creates a strategy for the long-term care and upkeep of the facility for the House Corporation Board.
- Communicates house maintenance issues to the House Corporation Board and coordinates all routine maintenance issues in a timely manner. Reports immediately to the House Corporation Board all hazards and damages that require insurance claims.
- Stays within the given budget for ad hoc expenses; reconciles receipts and purchase orders; reviews and submits for payment through appropriate party.
- Purchase's kitchen, cleaning and other necessary supplies while maintaining inventory.
- Use the payroll system Paylocity to process the onboarding and payroll. Schedule employees for shifts.
- Collaborates with the Chef and the collegians to plan nutritious meals within the budget.
- Manages multiple preferred service providers to resolve issues while staying within budget.
- Keeps the House Corporation informed of any inspection by insurance adjusters, fire department, government agencies, or others concerned with the maintenance, security, and safety of the House.
- Assists the Director of House Management with the required fire drills and other required inspections; specifically seeking out any damage to the House.
- Meets and communicates regularly any unusual trends, activities and/or problems with the Chapter to the Chapter Advisor (ATC) and Chapter President.
- Meets regularly with the House Manager and attends any meetings with Chapter members and/or boards as necessary.
- Must reside in the Chapter House each night the residents are in residence.
- Adheres to University, House Corporation Board, Office of Housing and Chapter policies and rules.
- Excellent organization and communication abilities.
- Basic bookkeeping.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and excel such as simple spreadsheets and scanning of PDF files.
- Positive solution-focused attitude.
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with students, parents, alumnae, service providers and community resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with college aged women, patience and flexibility.
- Proven managerial skills.
- Ability to climb up and down several flights of stairs and lift 25 pounds if necessary.
Time Commitment and Benefits
- 20 hour workweek with a suite and utilities provided.
- Must be onsite, overnight, seven (7) nights per week except when prior arrangements have been made for other adult supervision.
- All meals will be provided when collegians are in the house.
- Planning meals 2 hours as Chef does this with your input and collegians
- Meal duty and payroll 10 hours
- Meeting with officers, Advisers & members 2 hours
- Emergencies, repairs, Inspections, and socials 6 hours
Keywords: Delta Gamma Alpha Kappa House, Topeka , Part-Time House Director, Executive , Topeka, Kansas
here to apply!