Executive Director Position
Company: Greater Morris County Development Corporation
Posted on: October 13, 2019
The Greater Morris County Development Corporation is looking for a
dynamic, energetic person with a vision to help us grow our
business community. Morris County is nestled in the heart of the
Flint Hills in central Kansas with the largest population residing
in--Council Grove. Sporting two recreational lakes, hiking/biking
trails and situated in the beautiful grass-covered rolling hills,
the Flint Hills life offers residents and business owners a
one-of-a-kind location.The perfect candidate for the Executive
Director position will be an enthusiastic people-person, enjoy
leading and working with a team of people dedicated to the success
and growth of the area. Through marketing, networking and teamwork,
the Executive Director should be persistent and committed to
achieving the goals set for him or her. Generating new ideas,
coupled with the ability to implement and execute those ideas is
key to success. --Overview:Performs a variety of professional work
in preparation and implementation of economic and community
development plans, programs, and services.This full-time position
is responsible for working closely with GMDC and other city and
county staff in promoting the business and economic development
interests within the community. This position will include working
with all noted departments in providing guidance to individuals and
companies to establish, relocate, or expand their businesses within
the community. This position will include assistance in the
planning and coordination of community development projects,
assisting business and residential applicants with local and state
permitting processes, and providing help with city and community
sponsored projects. This is a full-time position that direct
reports to the GMDC Board.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs economic development initiatives to achieve the goals
and objectives of GMDC.
- Provides assistance in the development of short and long term
economic and community development plans, as well as the gathering
of information and preparation of studies, reports, and
recommendations to achieve such goals. This will involve the
preparation and maintenance of information on utilities, taxes,
zoning, transportation, community services, financing tools, and
incentives, in order to respond to requests for information for
economic development purposes, and the coordination with other
departments and agencies as needed.
- Utilizes social media, newspapers and other media sources to
grow economic development, share information and announce important
- Consistently update and maintain the GMDC website
- Provides professional economic development guidance, assist in
the application and permitting process, and serve as an advocate
for economic development in line with Council Grove---s
Comprehensive Plan, zoning ordinances, and goals as established by
the city and county.
- Promotes the Council Grove Industrial Park; the sale of lots,
and the orderly development of projects within the Industrial
- Works closely with the Council Grove/Morris County Chamber of
Commerce and Tourism and City Economic Development Committee to
identify areas of concern and growth of business location and
expansion within the city and county. --
- Maintains a liaison with various local, state, and Federal
agencies, coordinating projects with agencies as deemed necessary
- Provides information and/or make presentations to supervisors,
boards, commissions, civic groups, businesses, individuals, and the
general public on economic development issues, programs, services,
- Becomes familiar with the existing inventory of available
buildings and business and residential development sites within the
community. This will include both public and private buildings and
- Prepare grant proposals and applications, contracts and other
- Formulate and implement marketing and business strategies that
align with the objectives of the city and county.
- Serves as a member of economic development groups or task force
that promote economic and community development at the local, state
or federal level, as deemed necessary or appropriate.
- Monitors legislation and regulations relating to economic
development, and report findings to the appropriate impacted
parties, i.e. the Chamber, the City, the County
- Maintains strong working relationships with the public, area
businesses, clients, the media, and others.
- Serves as a member of various staff committees, as
- Attends professional development workshops and conferences to
keep on top of trends and developments in the field of economic
development, and to represent the interest of the city and county
matters related to economic development.
- Help facilitate meetings with appropriate parties for
professional service contracts, property sales or acquisition, and
economic development, as needed.
- Facilitates monthly meetings with GMDC Board that includes
reports and action items.
- Ability to be a team player with GMDC Board and other
- Conduct other related work as
- Knowledge and experience or willingness to learn economic and
community development, including administrative responsibility
- Bachelor---s Degree
- Must live in Morris Country
- Knowledge and passion about business development, community,
and economic development.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about municipal zoning and
infrastructure, and planning programs and processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively to groups and individuals,
engineers, contractors, developers, businesses, supervisors,
employees, and the public.
- Ability to establish working relationships with other
organizations and economic development practitioners.
- Ability to prepare an analyze reports and data, and have skills
in the operation of equipment such as smartphones and
- Willing to get certifications as neededCompensation:Based on
experience and background.
Keywords: Greater Morris County Development Corporation, Topeka , Executive Director Position, Executive , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!