Medical Director (Physician #)
Company: Corizon Health
Posted on: February 15, 2020
About Corizon Health Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of
correctional healthcare in the United States. We are a company
built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the
industry. Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success
are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or
continue to advance your correctional healthcare career. We have an
exceptional opportunity for a Medical Director to join our
healthcare team at the Your Correctional Center located in our
Kansas Juvenile Correctional Complex in Topeka, KS
- Serve as Chairman of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Consult with medical providers in the community to resolve
issues in delivering services to inmates.
- Supervise the clinical services provided by the professional
and paraprofessional staff.
- Annually review and approve clinical protocols, policies and
procedures, and medical disaster plan.
- Provide direction and assistance to the on-site quality
assurance program including review and action on inmate complaints,
and infection control.
- Monitor referrals to outside healthcare facilities for
appropriateness, quality, and continuity of care.
- Sponsor Physician Assistants in compliance with the state law
for correctional facilities. Serve as a professional resource for
all Physicians working at the facility(s).
- Assist in screening, interviewing and evaluating credentials of
- Serve as discussion leader for selected in-service training
classes. Represent the healthcare program in discussions with local
civic groups or visiting officials. As requested, attend medical
director's meetings at the Corizon Health central office.
- Attend Pharmacy Therapeutic Committee meetings (and other
meetings, as required). Experience & Requirements
- License to practice medicine in the state of employment
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty
(family practice, internal medicine, surgery) required Not ready to
apply? Connect with us for general consideration. Corizon Health is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance
with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified
applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race,
gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation,
disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE
including Disability/Protected Veterans ID 2 Job Locations
US-KS-Topeka Category Physician & Physician Leadership Position
Type Regular Part-time Shift / Schedule Weekday Day Location ID
04562 Keyphrases: internal medicine jobs, internal emergency
medicine jobs, internal medicine specialist jobs, internal medicine
critical care jobs, internal medicine geriatrics jobs, internal
medicine pediatrics jobs, pediatric internal medicine jobs
Keywords: Corizon Health, Topeka , Medical Director (Physician #), Healthcare , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!