Company: Corizon Health
Posted on: October 14, 2020
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Topeka, Kansas. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com About Corizon
HealthCorrectional healthcare is not just a job. It's a calling.By
choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the
opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being,
and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a
pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested
in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical
expertise, we encourage you to connect with us
today.ResponsibilitiesBelow is a list of your responsibilities as a
Collaborative Psychiatrist with Corizon Health at Shawnee County
Adult Detention Center located in Topeka, KS.
- This is a teleheath position with no direct patient care.
- Provide oversight to Mental Health Nurse Practioner; requires
0-5 calls a week.
- Provide psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, and treatment for
inmates referred by medical or/and clinical services staff. Provide
written summaries of history, diagnosis and treatment course.
- Where applicable, provide psychiatric services for inpatients,
assessment and diagnosis, staffing treatment planning, and regular
review of all inmates assigned. Where applicable, provide
psychiatric services for all inmates referred to Healthcare Unit
for those inmates in the general population who need regular
psychiatric/mental health follow up. Where applicable, provide
psychiatric services for those inmates who need to be transferred
to Mental Health facilities. Services to include work up and any
court hearing testimony needed.
- Where applicable, act as regular psychiatrist and participate
in the treatment programming and planning for the Mental Health
Unit, duties include regular staffing and contact with Mental
Health Unit staff and supervisor, discussion of problem cases,
follow up and monitoring of medication, and general psychiatric
- Provide medication management to all inmates admitted to the
Mental Health Unit. Provide individual and/or group therapy as
- Approve all admissions and discharges into the Mental Health
Unit. Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency
of treatment plans.
- Provide in-service education to the Mental Health Unit staff as
- Be available on a scheduled basis for the on-call needs of the
Mental Health Unit.
- Participate in Treatment Audit Committee.Experience &
- Must be a graduate of medical school and have completed an
appropriate psychiatric residency.
- Corrections experience preferred.
- Must be licensed to practice in the applicable state and
certified by the Office of Mental Health to provide psychiatric
services in a licensed inpatient unit. Current DEA number will need
to be provided.
- Requires 0-5 calls per week.A background check, security
clearance and drug screening are required for this role.Corizon
Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In
compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws,
qualified applicants are considered for all positions without
regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual
orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran
status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.Not ready to
apply? Connect with us for general consideration.ID 2020-8003Job
Locations US-KS-TopekaCategory Behavioral/Mental HealthPosition
Type PRNShift / Schedule VariableLocation ID 90068 Keyphrases:
psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs, psychiatric
nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Corizon Health, Topeka , Collaborative Psychiatrist, Healthcare , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!