RN - Neuro & Spine Center - FT - Days - #2698
Company: Stormont-Vail HealthCare
Posted on: January 8, 2021
RN - Neuro & Spine Center - FT - Days - #2698Stormont Vail
Health is searching for a RN - Neuro & Spine Center - FT - Days -
#2698 in our RN - Neuro & Spine Center - FT Days department. This
position is at 2660 SW 3RD STREET, TOPEKA, KS 66606-2442
USA.Schedule: Full time - 36 hours/week or greaterShift: First
Shift (Days - Less than 12 hours per shift)Weekly Work Schedule: 8a
to 4:30p M-FMinimum Qualifications:Education/Experience:BSN
preferred. Meets educational preparation or other qualifications
within specified time frames as determined/outlined by specific
department policy.One year of professional nursing experience in a
clinic setting preferred. Knowledge of professional nursing theory
and practice to give and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of
organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer
patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to
administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and
precautions to establish a safe work environment. Skill in applying
and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of
professional nursing to provide on-going patient care. Skill in
developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in
establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with
patients, medical staff and the public.Ability to maintain quality
control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in
emergency situations.Certificates and Licenses:Current RN licensure
in the State of Kansas.BLS certification required within 90 days of
hire.Additional certification may be required for certain patient
care settings or populations. The department director will provide
specific information and the timeframe in which such certification
must be attained at the time of hire/transfer into
department.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:Summary:Provides
professional nursing care for clinic patients following established
standards and practices.The delivery of professional nursing care
at Stormont Vail Health is guided by Jean Watson's Theory of Human
Caring and the theory of Shared governance, both of which are
congruent with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
Watson's Caring Theory ensures the development of therapeutic
relationships and involves human beings and their spirit in every
aspect of care delivery, and is demonstrated through the
implementation of ten (10) carative behaviors:1. attentive
listening2. comforting3. honesty4. patience5. responsibility6.
providing information to allow informed decisions7. touch8.
sensitivity9. respect10. calling the patient by nameEssential
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may
- Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers
prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing
- May administer PO, IM, and IV medications.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment,
examination and testing of patients.
- Observes, records, and reports patient's condition and reaction
to drugs and treatments to physicians. Provides medication as
- Oversees appointment bookings and ensure preferences are given
to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination.
Collects patient history information. Instruct patients in
collection of samples and tests.
- Arranges for patient testing and admissions.
- Triages and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patient
and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other
pertinent information. Compiles tests and examination results.
- Directs auxiliary personnel as needed.
- Orient/mentor nursing personnel in the float pool when
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment, examination and treatment
- Maintains exam rooms with necessary supplies and materials.
Prepares list of supplies needed.
- Efficiently documents medical information using the appropriate
forms and/or electronic applications.
- Makes assessments and corrections of patient rooms and
surrounding area for safety.
- Participates in intra- and inter-departmental committee
- Responsible for quality of care given by self.
- Responsible for understanding and showing respect for patients'
rights including confidentiality of patient information.
- Assumes responsibility for patient safety by utilizing
appropriate channels to communicate patient safety and patient care
issues to appropriate bodies.
- Participates in system wide/department patient care quality
improvement activities as well as standards development.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Kansas State Nurse Practice Act
and follows the statutes and regulations therein.
- Demonstrates appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in the
direction and coordination of health care team members, patient
care and department activities in accordance with the Kansas State
Nurse Practice Act.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues in all aspects of
patient care and departmental functioning. Strive to manage
situations in a manner, which minimizes risk to the patient and the
- Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills.
- Identifies patient/significant other learning needs and
implements appropriate measures to meet these needs.
- Demonstrates an awareness of self-responsibility for own
- Demonstrates effective communication methods and skills,
utilizing appropriate reporting structures.
- Formulates positive working relation ships with all health care
- Adheres to staffing and scheduling practices.About Stormont
Vail Health: Stormont Vail Health is a nonprofit integrated health
system that has been serving the health care needs of Kansas for
more than 130 years. Stormont Vail has been recognized as a
Magnet-- organizationsince 2009 by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center. It is composed of Stormont Vail Hospital, a
586-bed acute care hospital, and Cotton O'Neil Clinic, a
multi-specialty physician group with more than 500 providers, which
includes more than 250 physicians. Nearly 5,300 employees provide
care and support services for patients in the hospital and 35 other
locations, including the Cotton O'Neil Heart Center, Cancer Center,
Diabetes & Endocrinology Center, Digestive Health Center,
Pediatrics clinics and 10 regional primary care clinics. Stormont
Vail Health is committed to its mission of improving the health of
the community by being a national leader in providing
compassionate, high quality and efficient integrated care through
collaboration that results in a healthier community.Our company
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Keywords: Stormont-Vail HealthCare, Topeka , RN - Neuro & Spine Center - FT - Days - #2698, Healthcare , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!