LPN - Behavioral Health - Child/Adolescent Unit - PT - Evenings - #2495
Company: Stormont-Vail HealthCare
Posted on: January 8, 2021
LPN - Behavioral Health - Child/Adolescent Unit - PT - Evenings
- #2495Stormont Vail Health is searching for a LPN - Behavioral
Health - Child/Adolescent Unit - PT - Evenings - #2495 in our
Behavioral Health - Child/Adolescent Unit department. This position
is at 3703 SW 6TH AVE, TOPEKA, KS 66606 USA.Schedule: Part time -
20-35 hours/week, benefit eligibleShift: Second Shift (Evenings -
Less than 12 hours per shift)Weekly Work Schedule: 3pm -11pm (3
shifts per week, self scheduling)Minimum
Qualifications:Certificates and Licenses:Current LPN licensure in
the State of Kansas. Additional certifications may be required for
certain patient care settings or populations.Language
Ability:Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
general public.Math Ability:Ability to perform mathematical
calculations related to medication administration.Reasoning
Ability:Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety
of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
form.Computer Skills:Willingness to learn necessary computer
skills.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:As identified in the
Kansas State Nurse Practice Act & Joint Commission regulations,
provide patient care under the direct supervision of a registered
nurse. The RN care manager validates the work of the LPN.The
delivery of professional nursing care at Stormont Vail Health is
guided by Jean Watson's Theory of Human Caring and the theory of
Shared governance, both of which are congruent with the mission,
vision, and values of the organization. Watson's Caring Theory
ensures the development of therapeutic relationships and involves
human beings and their spirit in every aspect of care delivery, and
is demonstrated through the implementation of ten (10) carative
behaviors:1. attentive listening2. comforting3. honesty4.
patience5. responsibility6. providing information to allow informed
decisions7. touch8. sensitivity9. respect10. calling the patient by
nameEssential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs physical assessments and collects patient data.
- Performs select psychomotor skills with competence.
- Documents all patient care provided in a timely, accurate, and
- Reports all abnormal data to the RN.
- Collaborates with the RN.
- Follows the plan of care for patient populations.
- Responsible for reading and following interventions defined by
the standards, patient care policies and procedures selected by the
- Provides direct patient care in terms of physical comfort,
hygiene and psychological support.
- Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or
inter-muscular injection, and notes time and amount of patients'
charts. Administers IV medication if certification is completed.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient situation.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues in all aspects of
patient care and departmental functioning.
- Participates actively in clinical education activities for
department and Division of Patient Care Services, including
orientation of new employees.
- Participates in development and attainment of department,
Division of Patient Care Services and hospital goals.
- Seeks validation of knowledge base, skill level and decision
making as necessary. Assertively seeks guidance in areas of
- Demonstrates self-directed learning and participation in
continuing education to meet own professional development.
- Demonstrates an awareness of self-responsibility for own
- Demonstrates appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in the
direction and coordination of health care team members, patient
care and department activities.
- Demonstrates effective communication methods and skills,
utilizing appropriate reporting structures.
- Formulates positive working relationships with all health care
customers and employees.
- Adheres to Division of Patient Care Services staffing and
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Kansas State Nurse Practice Act
and follows the statutes and regulations therein.About Stormont
Vail Health: Stormont Vail Health is a nonprofit integrated health
system that has been serving the health care needs of Kansas for
more than 130 years. Stormont Vail has been recognized as a
Magnet-- organizationsince 2009 by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center. It is composed of Stormont Vail Hospital, a
586-bed acute care hospital, and Cotton O'Neil Clinic, a
multi-specialty physician group with more than 500 providers, which
includes more than 250 physicians. Nearly 5,300 employees provide
care and support services for patients in the hospital and 35 other
locations, including the Cotton O'Neil Heart Center, Cancer Center,
Diabetes & Endocrinology Center, Digestive Health Center,
Pediatrics clinics and 10 regional primary care clinics. Stormont
Vail Health is committed to its mission of improving the health of
the community by being a national leader in providing
compassionate, high quality and efficient integrated care through
collaboration that results in a healthier community.Our company
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Keywords: Stormont-Vail HealthCare, Topeka , LPN - Behavioral Health - Child/Adolescent Unit - PT - Evenings - #2495, Healthcare , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!