Certified Nursing Assistant
Company: Midwest Health
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Job SummaryThe Certified Nursing Assistant provides direct and
indirect resident care activities under the direction of a licensed
nurse.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Community's personnel, safety and corporate
policies and procedures.
- Comply with the nursing department's policies and
- Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident
abuse/neglect immediately to the Executive Director, RCC or Unit
- Treat residents, family members, visitors and team members with
dignity and respect.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family
- Must develop and maintain a good working relationship with
co-workers and other departments.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Assist in admission and discharge of resident.
- Assist residents in daily oral care.
- Assist residents in bathing functions (bed bath, tub, or
- Assist residents in ear, eye, facial, hair, and nail care.
- Keep resident's dry - changing clothing and linen when it
becomes soiled or wet.
- Make beds, changing linens when needed and per scheduled.
- Assist residents in bowel and bladder functions.
- Collect specimens (urine, sputum, stools, etc.).
- Assist residents in preparing for activity and social
- Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments,
activity, and social programs.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and
transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs,
wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assist residents in ambulation and mobility.
- Proper use of gait belts when assisting residents.
- Perform and document resident temperature, pulse, respirations
(TPR), weight, and height measurements.
- Answer resident call lights promptly.
- Report and, when appropriate, document, any change observed in
a resident's condition or behavior to the Charge Nurse.
- Prepare residents for meals, serve and remove trays, and assist
in feeding as required.
- Distribute drinking water, other fluids and nourishments to
- Assist in the care of dying residents.
- Provide post-mortem care.
- Check assigned residents routinely to ensure personal care
needs are being met.
- Organize and straighten resident rooms daily.
- Bag soiled linens in appropriate bags, linen bins and trash
- Must have a valid CNA certification that is in good standing
with the State.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes,
must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company's
Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on
weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the
job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to meet the general health requirements set forth
by State regulations and Company policy which may include medical
and physical examinations.
- Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain
the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist
residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds.
The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine
performance of the essential functions, some of the following body
movements may occur naturally, although hey may not be a
requirement of the job.
Keywords: Midwest Health, Topeka , Certified Nursing Assistant, Healthcare , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!