Licensed Practical Nurse - Cardiology - FT - Days - #2409
Company: Stormont-Vail HealthCare
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Licensed Practical Nurse - Cardiology - FT - Days -
#2409Stormont Vail Health is searching for a Licensed Practical
Nurse - Cardiology - FT - Days - #2409 in our Cardiology
department. This position is at 929 SW MULVANE STREET, TOPEKA, KS
66606-1677 USA.Schedule: Full time - 36 hours/week or greaterShift:
First Shift (Days - Less than 12 hours per shift)Weekly Work
Schedule: 8a to 5p M-FMinimum
Qualifications:Education/Experience:Experience in cardiovascular
patient care i.e. telemetry, or ER experience
preferred.Certificates and Licenses:Current LPN licensure in the
State of Kansas. BLS certification required.Primary Duties and
Responsibilities:SummaryResponsible for overseeing daily operations
of cardiology provider's offices (POD) including the delegation of
defined tasks to Medical Assistant (MA) in order to achieve quality
patient care. In addition, this position may also function as the
Treatment LPN.The delivery of professional nursing care at Stormont
Vail Health is guided by Jean Watson's Theory of Human Caring and
the theory of Shared governance, both of which are congruent with
the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Watson's
Caring Theory ensures the development of therapeutic relationships
and involves human beings and their spirit in every aspect of care
delivery, and is demonstrated through the implementation of ten
(10) carative behaviors:1. attentive listening2. comforting3.
honesty4. patience5. responsibility6. providing information to
allow informed decisions7. touch8. sensitivity9. respect10. calling
the patient by nameEssential Duties and Responsibilities include
the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the day-to-day clinical operations of one cardiology
- Handle critical values including lab, event or holter monitor,
stress testing, ultrasounds.
- Triaging patients including telephone calls and walk-ins.
- Address Coumadin/ communicate plan per provider's orders.
- Communicates normal and abnormal test results to patients.
- Schedules ordered tests and educates patients.
- Completes all hospital procedure orders.
- Available resource for MA's, including questionable medication
refills and schedule II medications.
- Assist with mentoring MA's.
- Oversees daily activities of MA's.
- May perform all duties of MA's.
- Verify meaningful use data documented in patient chart.
- Assists provider at outreach locations.
- Complete medication changes as per provider order.
- Performance improvement as directed by manager.
- Adheres to staffing and scheduling practices.
- Demonstrates appropriate delegation of task and duties in the
direction and coordination of the healthcare team members, patient
care, and department activities in accordance with Kansas State
Nurse Practice Act.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Kansas State Nurse Practice Act
and follows the statutes and regulations therein.
- Attends meetings as directed.
- Administers influenza vaccinations on cardiac and Cotton-O'Neil
- Assists with educating patients.
- Performs walk in EKGs.
- Inventories, distributes, and requests needed supplies.About
Stormont Vail Health: Stormont Vail Health is a nonprofit
integrated health system that has been serving the health care
needs of Kansas for more than 130 years. Stormont Vail has been
recognized as a Magnet-- organizationsince 2009 by the American
Nurses Credentialing Center. It is composed of Stormont Vail
Hospital, a 586-bed acute care hospital, and Cotton O'Neil Clinic,
a multi-specialty physician group with more than 500 providers,
which includes more than 250 physicians. Nearly 5,300 employees
provide care and support services for patients in the hospital and
35 other locations, including the Cotton O'Neil Heart Center,
Cancer Center, Diabetes & Endocrinology Center, Digestive Health
Center, Pediatrics clinics and 10 regional primary care clinics.
Stormont Vail Health is committed to its mission of improving the
health of the community by being a national leader in providing
compassionate, high quality and efficient integrated care through
collaboration that results in a healthier community.Our company
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Keywords: Stormont-Vail HealthCare, Topeka , Licensed Practical Nurse - Cardiology - FT - Days - #2409, Healthcare , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!