Licensed Practical Nurse (Lpn)
Company: Paladina Health
Posted on: January 12, 2022
* Interviews patient to determine medical problem/condition and
documents in chart for physician.
* Obtains and records patient's vital signs and weight.
* Assists physician with patient examination as needed.
* Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with
* Documents services performed on appropriate forms.
* Dresses wounds as instructed.--- Applies compresses, ice and heat
* Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or
treatment to medical personnel in charge.
* Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or
intermuscular injection, and notes time and amount on patients'
* Assembles and uses clinic equipment.
* Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from patients
for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples.
* Sterilizes equipment and supplies.
* Cleans rooms and changes linens.
* Maintains supplies, including stocking and ordering new supplies
and disposing of expired or damaged supplies.
* Responds to patient or client telephone inquiries by evaluating
and responding to the patient's/client---problems and
* Follows up with patients who miss appointments.
* Follows up with patients on lab results, including the scheduling
of any additional tests.
* Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other
* Documents all encounters in the electronic medical record system
(eCW) accurately and completely
* This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited program,
Associate's degree (A.S.) and/or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school.
* Licensed as a Practical or Vocational Nurse, Current
Certification in Basic Life Support is required
* At least three years of clinical experience as a LPN/LVN in an
ambulatory care, occupational health, or emergency department
* Knowledge about workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA
* Strong computer skills (Internet software, spreadsheet, word
processing etc.) preferred.
* Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
* Experience with Microsoft office products to include Word and
* Phlebotomy experience---preferred
Keywords: Paladina Health, Topeka , Licensed Practical Nurse (Lpn), Healthcare , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!