Speech Language Pathologist/ SLP - Part Time -$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Company: Aegis Therapies
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Part Time SLP (20+ Hours) - Opportunity to grow into a Full Time
PositionFacility: Emporia Presbyterian ManorLocation: Emporia,
KSFlexible Schedule OfferedSign On Bonus: $5,000GENERAL
PURPOSEPerforms evaluations and develops effective patient
treatment plans to restore, maintain or prevent decline of patient
function, by planning and administering medically prescribed
therapy treatments in accordance with federal, state and
professional standards governing home health. Services performed
primarily in individual patient homes.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Visits Home Health patients for an initial physical therapy
assessment when requested in accordance with the patient's plan of
care. Plans and administers prescribed physical therapy treatment
programs. Meets the patient's goals and needs and provides quality
care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results;
determining treatment plans in consultation with physicians, and by
prescription. Helps patients accomplish treatment plan and secures
necessary supplies and adaptive equipment for patients to
- Administers therapy statements according to a treatment plan
approved by the attending physician. Complies with regulatory
conditions of participation for home health services.
- Evaluates effects of therapy treatments by observing, noting
and evaluating patient's progress; providing medically necessary
treatment plan and modifications
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians,
nurses, social workers and other health care workers
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
department records according to accepted regulatory, corporate and
professional guidelines. Records daily treatment charges per
corporate procedures. Documentation will be completed using a
company furnished hand held electronic device (i.e. Ipad).
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to treatment
location infection control policies and protocols and keeping
information confidential per company and federal requirements.
Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
treatment location and department procedures, rules and
- Provides services in multiple settings (including skilled
nursing, assisted living, patient homes, and outpatient) as
determined by supervisor and patient/resident need including
community based services such as home health and wellness
activities as required
- Travel is required to perform jobQUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate from Speech-Language Pathology program
- Current license as a Speech-Language Pathologist in the state
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a health care setting;
previous experience in home health, preferred
- Must meet Clinical Competency requirements
- Ability to travel to patient homes within designated geographic
- Valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance
- Current CPR certification
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendanceKNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good computer skills including use of desktop computers and
handheld devices with ability to learn company or customer
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient,
employee and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively
and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees
at all levelsPHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Mobility, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending,
walking, heavy lifting, fine hand coordination, ability to hear,
ability to read and write, ability to detect odors, and ability to
remain calm under stress.
- Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with
patients, staff, family, visitors, etc.
- Vision (corrected) adequate for reading.
- Intelligible speech and normal language / cognitive
- Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or
- Lifting of patients*, equipment or supplies will be required up
to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 100
- Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the
- Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling,
twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching
- Must be able to transfer patients.*
- Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and
activities to patients / caregivers.
- Work in a fast-paced clinical environment.
- Weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally
- Several task and job duties involve a risk of exposure to
Bloodborne Pathogens and other potentially infectious materials
Keywords: Aegis Therapies, Topeka , Speech Language Pathologist/ SLP - Part Time -$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!, Healthcare , Emporia, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!