Lead Nurse- Psychiatric
Company: Pathway Family Services LLC
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Lead Nurse - Psychiatric HP123Pathway Family Services, LLC.
provides resources for youth and families through their Independent
Living Program, TRAIL (Teens Reaching Adult Independent Living),
Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility, Qualified Residential
Treatment Program (QRTP), outpatient services and specialized
foster care services.Qualifications:Possession of a license as a
Registered Nurse (RN) or higher equivalent in the State of Kansas
is required. Possession of a license as an Advanced Practice
Registered Nurse (APRN) is preferred.Being at least 21 years of age
is required based on state requirement of being at least 3 years
older than the oldest resident.Previous experience working with
children with a mental health diagnosis in a residential facility
is preferred.Experience working as an APRN is preferred.Attendance
and successful completion of Safe Crisis Management training,
provided by Agency, is required. Previous experience with patient
restraint preferred.Valid driver's license and meet agency
- Competitive pay
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life insurance
- 401(k) Match
- 25 days of personal leave in first year of employment
- Longevity bonus
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Program
- Referral programThe Family Initiative, Inc. is the parent
company providing services in Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and
Texas. We provide service to these areas through our affiliates:
TFI Family Connections in Oklahoma and Texas Family Initiative in
Texas. Pathway Family Services is an affiliate in Kansas offering
additional services to youth and families. Mainstream Nonprofit
Solutions is an affiliate supporting the TFI Family of Companies
and other Nonprofits.As a Lead Nurse, you will identify physical,
social and emotional health needs of clients and families through
systematic assessments. The Lead Nurse will develop and implement a
comprehensive plan of care that includes interventions and
treatments to attain expected outcomes and standards as set forth
in applicable federal, state and accreditation agency standards as
well as Agency Policies and Procedures.
- Collaborates with health team members to establish priorities,
manage care and coordinate efforts to provide and maintain a broad
continuum of care.
- Works with program physician in performing physicals,
interpreting lab results and getting medical advice concerning
resident medical treatment.
- Performs and/or supervises the physical evaluation of
- Provides and/or supervises medication management and
- Conducts chart reviews and maintenance with a focus on
medication administration and documentation accuracy. Responsible
for ensuring accuracy and completeness of all medical records.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating nursing
plans based on nursing assessment; participates in nursing
diagnoses; implements nursing components of master treatment
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Documents and describes nursing care provided as well as
observations and interventions that contribute to the continuity of
- Implements and maintains established policies, procedures,
objectives, quality assurance, safety, and environmental and
infection control. Interpret these to the physician, resident,
family members, and public, as appropriate.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Reports significant changes in the resident's condition to
appropriate members of the health care team.
- Follows all accreditation standards and governmental
regulations in regard to psychiatric residential treatment
facilities. Responsible for ensuring compliance of subordinate
staff with accreditation and regulatory agency standards. Reports
observed compliance shortcomings and issues of subordinate and
other facility staff to the assistant PRTF director. Coaches and
mentors staff in the proper methods and practices required for
compliance with these standards.
- Will be required to travel in order to attend meetings,
training, or conduct business off site. Must have a valid driver's
license and meet agency underwriting standards if driving on agency
business. Not required to transport clients.
- Refrains from assuming any duty that is unrelated to and/or
interferes with the responsibilities of the position.
- Advocates, promotes and practices cultural sensitivity and
responsiveness in all day-to-day interactions.
- Develops, promotes and practices teamwork in all activities.If
you want to make a difference in a child's life, join our team
today!TFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.To apply, please visit
Keywords: Pathway Family Services LLC, Topeka , Lead Nurse- Psychiatric, Healthcare , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!