RN or LPN Full-Time 3pm-11pm Long Term Care
Company: McCrite Plaza
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Come join our Family Owned and Operated Five Star Community. We
offer competitive pay, company benefits, and we have wonderful
Job Summary: The Charge Nurse's primary function is to assess
residents' health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing
care plans, and maintain medical records. In addition, this
position provides clinical supervision to Nursing Assistants (CNA
and CMA) who provide direct resident care.
Salary: LPN $25.00/hour + based on years of service and shift
differential/weekend differential RN $31.00/hour + based on years
on service and shift differential/weekend differential
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, ETO/VAC, 401k, ST/LT Disability,
Employee Assistance Program, and WORK TODAY, GET PAID TOMORROW
Essential Functions / Duties:
- Conduct resident rounds daily; report problems to the ADON and
initiate corrective action; obtain a report at the start of shift
from the nurse being relieved and on that report record sufficient
information to implement appropriate follow up action as necessary;
provide a report at the end of each shift to the nurse coming on
duty, including sufficient information for follow up action if
- Count narcotics, check emergency kit, and exchange keys.
- Order medications as necessary; administer PRN medications and
treatments as necessary; receive medication delivery from pharmacy
and check all drugs received and document proof of medications
- Document weekly progress notes; update resident care plan when
doing weekly progress notes; document daily skilled notes as
- Supervise nursing assist -ants providing direct resident care;
counsel nursing assistants and recommend disci -plinary action,
when necessary, to the ADON; Participate in the employee evaluation
process by providing information on the clinical performance of
nursing assistants to the ADON.
- Prepare nursing assistants' assignments and explain all
pertinent resident care.
- Supervise the application and removal of all postural supports
- Supervise distribution of nourishments.
- Follow staffing guidelines and make nursing assignments
according to qualifications of staff and characteris -tics of the
- Change linens on all residents as necessary.
- Turn residents as necessary.
- Prepare, administer, and document medications and treat -ments
per the physician's order and accurately record all care
- Perform comprehensive assessment of each resi -dent; document
comprehensive assessment of each resi -dent; document resident care
provided and resident's response or lack of response to care
provided; report changes in residents' conditions to a physician,
ADON, and responsible party promptly and to take follow up action
- Follow facility admission, discharge or transfer procedures and
communi -cate resident admission, discharge or transfer to other
departments, physicians, and ancillary service providers.
- Participate in facility education programs and coordinate
student activities with the ADON.
- Attend staff meetings, in-service classes, and committee
meetings as assigned; complete report for facility committees.
- Participate in resident care conferences as as -signed.
- Supervise response to resident's call for assist -ance.
- Responsible for the safety of residents under his/her
- Listen to resident, family, or physician concerns and initiate
corrective action and/or report concerns to ADON.
- Develop an accurate comprehensive care plan based on each
resident's comprehensive assessment; review and revise resident
care plans as neces -sary and as required by regulations; review
and revise resident care plan when docu -menting weekly and daily
- Identify special nursing problems and emergency situations
quickly; initiate immediate "life-saving" measures in the absence
of a physician.
- Must be able to work any shift as directed by the ADON.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures,
- Operate computers programmed with software needed to record,
store, and analyze resident information; operate copy/fax/printer
machines to send documents and produce documents.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the
Administrator.Shift Specific Duties:
- Check breakfast and noon meal trays to ensure proper diet is
served and residents are assisted as necessary; supervise the
passing of afternoon nourishments.Evening
- Check dinner trays to ensure proper diet is served and
residents are assisted as necessary; supervise the passing of
evening nourishments.Please refer to the Physical and Other
Requirements section for abilities that are essential as they
relate to the ability to do duties listed above.
Education and Experiences: Prior experience in a similar working
environment is preferred, but not a requirement of the position.
This position requires an RN (Registered Nurse) or an LPN (licensed
practical nurse) in the state of Kansas.
Keywords: McCrite Plaza, Topeka , RN or LPN Full-Time 3pm-11pm Long Term Care, Healthcare , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!