Ambulatory LPN - Primary Care
Company: Stormont-Vail HealthCare
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Schedule:Full time - 36 hours/week or greaterShift:Weekly Work
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
A Brief Overview
Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team to provide professional
nursing care, under supervision, for clinic patients. The delivery
of professional nursing care at Stormont Vail Health is guided by
Jean Watson's Theory of Human Caring and the theory of Shared
governance, both of which are congruent with the mission, vision,
and values of the organization.
- Experience in a clinic setting. Preferred
- Experience providing patient care. Preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates consistent use of Standard Precautions and proper
body mechanics and follows OSHA guidelines
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Kansas State Nurse Practice Act
and follows the statutes and regulations therein.
- Responsible for understanding and showing respect for patients'
rights including confidentiality of patient information.
- Demonstrates excellent understanding and use of the EMR
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
effectively present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Practical Nurse - KSBN Required
- Basic Life Support - BLS Required within 90 days of hire.
What you will do
- Assist with checking in, examinations and procedures.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments. Clarify
medication orders and refills to pharmacies as directed by
- Triage patient telephone calls, evaluating the physical and
psychosocial health status of the patient.
- Coordinate patient services to include: lab tests, point of
care testing, x-rays, diagnostic procedures, consults, home care,
and acute care admissions.
- Provide patient education regarding medications, lab tests,
x-rays, and procedures. Notify patients of test results and
- Document medical information using the appropriate electronic
applications and/or forms.
- Assess patient rooms and surrounding areas for safety issues.
Remove hazards and make adjustments as indicated.
- Utilize appropriate channels to communicate patient safety and
patient care issues to appropriate parties.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, examination, and treatment
- Maintain exam rooms with necessary supplies and materials.
- Participate in Patient Safety Rounds.
- Adheres to infection control, emergency, safety, fire and
disaster plans and policies, completing required initial training
and updates per hospital policy.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies, standards, mandatory training and
requirements of Stormont Vail Health
Patient Facing Options
- Position is Patient Facing
Remote Work Guidelines
- Workspace is a quiet and distraction-free allowing the ability
to comply with all security and privacy standards.
- Stable access to electricity and a minimum of 25mb upload and
- Dedicate full attention to the job duties and communication
with others during working hours.
- Adhere to break and attendance schedules agreed upon with
- Abide by Stormont Vail's Remote Worker Policy and will review
and acknowledge the Remote Work Agreement annually.
Remote Work Capability
- As Needed
- No Supervisory Responsibility
- No Budget Responsibility
- Balancing: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Carrying: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Climbing (Ladders): Rarely less than 1 hour
- Climbing (Stairs): Rarely less than 1 hour
- Crawling: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Crouching: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Driving (Automatic): Rarely less than 1 hour
- Driving (Standard): Rarely less than 1 hour
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination: Frequently 3-5 Hours
- Feeling: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Grasping (Fine Motor): Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Grasping (Gross Hand): Frequently 3-5 Hours
- Handling: Frequently 3-5 Hours
- Hearing: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Kneeling: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Lifting: Occasionally 1-3 Hours up to 50 lbs
- Operate Foot Controls: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Pulling: Occasionally 1-3 Hours up to 25 lbs
- Pushing: Occasionally 1-3 Hours up to 25 lbs
- Reaching (Forward): Occasionally 1-3 Hours up to 25 lbs
- Reaching (Overhead): Occasionally 1-3 Hours up to 25 lbs
- Repetitive Motions: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Sitting: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Standing: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Stooping: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Talking: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Walking: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Burn: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Chemical: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Combative Patients: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Dusts: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Electrical: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Explosive: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Extreme Temperatures: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Infectious Diseases: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Mechanical: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Needlestick: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Noise/Sounds: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Other Atmospheric Conditions: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Poor Ventilation, Fumes and/or Gases: Rarely less than 1
- Radiant Energy: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Risk of Exposure to Blood and Body Fluids: Occasionally 1-3
- Risk of Exposure to Hazardous Drugs: Occasionally 1-3
- Hazards (other): Rarely less than 1 hour
- Vibration: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Wet and/or Humid: Rarely less than 1 hourStormont Vail is an
equal opportunity employer and adheres to the philosophy and
practice of providing equal opportunities for all employees and
prospective employees, without regard to the following
classifications: race, color, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity and expression, religion, national origin,
citizenship, age, marital status, uniformed service, disability or
genetic information. This applies to all aspects of employment
practices including hiring, firing, pay, benefits, promotions,
lateral movements, job training, and any other terms or conditions
of employment.Retaliation is prohibited against any person who
files a claim of discrimination, participates in a discrimination
investigation, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment act
based upon the above classifications.
Keywords: Stormont-Vail HealthCare, Topeka , Ambulatory LPN - Primary Care, Healthcare , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!