Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospice Case Manager - Full-Time
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospice Case Manager - Topeka AreaPay
Rate: NegotiableDo you have a heart for Hospice Care? -Are you an
RN in the Topeka area? Are you looking for a job that is flexible &
is rewarding? -Interim Healthcare of Topeka -is looking for an RN
looking to join our local, growing, family business. This is a
Full-Time position that is based in the Topeka area - if you are
interested in learning more about this position & starting an
Interim Career, we would love to talk with you. Apply today!
-General Purpose:Plans, organizes, directs and provides hospice
care to meet the identified needs of patients/families in
accordance with Interim HealthCare Hospice policies and procedures,
accepted standards of nursing practice and palliative care, and
applicable law and regulation.Company Overview:The Stehley Family
has locally owned and operated Interim Healthcare in the State of
Kansas for 42 years. Interim Healthcare of Topeka, Manhattan, and
Lawrence is the only agency in these areas that offers the full
continuum of care - which consists of Home Health, Hospice, Private
Duty, and Staffing Services. Our Mission Statement is 'We Improve
People's Lives', and that is the core of what we believe in here at
Interim Healthcare. If you are looking to join a company that is
growing & has a family culture, this may be the job you have been
looking for! Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing
great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more
than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability
combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect
- Locally Owned And Operated
- Health Coverage (If Full-Time Status)
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Free Education CoursesEssential Functions:
- Completes an initial/comprehensive assessment of the
patient/family to determine hospice needs which includes a history
of current and previous illness(es), as well as a physical
assessment of the patient, with emphasis on the management of pain
and other symptoms.
- Completes ongoing assessments of the patient's physical status
and the psychosocial status of the patient/family.
- Initiates and develops a plan of care in collaboration with the
Interdisciplinary Group (IDG), the patient/family and the attending
- Makes necessary revisions to the IDG plan of care as the
patient's/family's status and needs change.
- Primarily responsible for the coordination of care among IDG
members and other healthcare providers external to the IDG, to
ensure the continuous assessment of the patient/family needs, as
well as the implementation of the IDG plan of care to guide the
delivery of services and achieve the goals of hospice care.
- Evaluates and coordinates the need for services provided to the
patient/family in accordance with the IDG plan of care.
- Facilitates the consideration of another level of care (i.e.
inpatient, respite, continuous care) when indicated by the
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the
physician and in accordance with nursing standards of
- Ensures that equipment, supplies, drugs and biologicals and
other necessary items and services are available.
- Provides education and interventions to support the effective
management of the patient's pain and other physical symptoms as
well as assesses the patient/family's response to intervention and
- Provides education/instructions to the patient/family in
accordance with the IDG plan of care.
- Directs the services provided by and supervises the LPN/LVN,
Hospice Aide, and Homemaker assigned to the patient/family.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation of patient/family
- Regularly attends Interdisciplinary Group meetings.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the office on-call
- Actively participates in the quality assessment and performance
improvement (QAPI) program.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department.Minimum Education & Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Licensed to practice as a RN in the state in which employed.
License is active and in good standing.
- Twelve (12) months of accumulated experience as a registered
nurse within the last five (5) years or, if no experience within
the last five (5) years, evidence of current (within the last 12
months) clinical knowledge as deemed appropriate by the DHCS.
- If a new graduate, 1200 verified hours of employment as a
graduate or registered nurse within the last twelve (12) months or
evidence of completion of a company-approved Preceptor Program.
- If a state standard exists that is higher than these
education/experience requirements, the state standard supersedes
- One (1) year of hospice care experience preferred.
- Able to provide COVID-19 Vaccination Documentation
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving vehicle.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to comply with accepted professional standards of nursing
practice and law and regulation.
- Understands principles of pain/symptom management.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Documentation
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient.
- Knowledge and commitment to the hospice philosophy of
- Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written
communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills;
nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary group.
- Able to effectively communicate with clinical and non-clinical
employees, patients and family/caregivers.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes.
- Meets applicable federal and state health requirements to
provide patient care as appropriate.
- Meets the requirements of federal and/or state criminal and
abuse background checks where applicable.
- Able to provide proof of current CPR certification.Working
Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in the patient's home and/or
inpatient setting such as a hospital or nursing home.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment (e.g.
face masks, goggles, latex and/or non-latex gloves).
- Able to constantly travel locally from assignment to
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
reach freely and assist patients with standing, walking and
- Sufficient endurance to perform the required physical and
mental tasks over long periods of time.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Visual acuity, dexterity and hearing to perform required
- Able to frequently work on-call hours and evening, night and
weekend hours as needed.
- Medium physical activity that may require frequent lifting,
carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs in order to carry out
daily job functions and related activities that may be
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Topeka , Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospice Case Manager - Full-Time, Healthcare , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!