RN - Neuro Surg Onc*
Company: The University Kansas Health System
Posted on: May 22, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTION -
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) in the Neurosurgery Department
manages health problems and coordinates health care in acute care
and/or ambulatory Neurosurgery specialty settings. These APPs
deliver patient care and medical services to individuals, families
and groups by utilizing standards of care in accordance with State
and Federal rules and regulations to assess health status, diagnose
medical conditions, develop medical plan of care, implement
treatments and evaluate patient responses in collaboration
withcollaborative/sponsoring physician as described in a
Collaborative Practice Agreement.
- Able to evaluate medical problems of clients in the assigned
specialty practice setting and appropriately requests consultation
of other specialties when indicated.
- Provides education to patients and/or families about preventive
care, medical issues and use of prescribed medical treatments
and/or medications pertinent to the patient's condition.
- -Creates diagnostically appropriate treatment plans
- Documents all medical evaluation, diagnoses, procedures,
treatments, outcomes, education, referrals and consultations
consistent with NCQA, The Joint Commission, state regulatory
standards and evidenced-based standards of care. - Maintains
documentation compliance for appropriate coding and
- Facilitates evaluation of records by physician(s), peers and
quality standards according to protocols and receives and
implements constructive directives.
- May refer complex and high priority cases to collaborating
physician with regards to complicated diagnostic problems, serious
illness, complicated therapeutic problems and re-evaluation of
- Provides medical and emergency interventions appropriate to the
client's needs; prescribes and monitors medications appropriate to
the diagnosis; orders and monitors the appropriateness of emergency
- Maintains collegiality with all members of the
- Utilizes appropriate chain-of-command and communicates with
specialty practice Program Director, APP Director and Medical
Director of any clinical issue and contributes to quality
improvement or process improvement as necessary. -
- Copy of the current advance practice - license for the State of
Kansas and/or Missouri (depending on practice locations) - PA or
- Advanced practice certification required. APRNs may obtain
within one year of date of hire; Specific certification may be
required depending on specialty
- BLS Certification required
- Age appropriate training for "population served" may depend on
APRN/PA program training and may require additional training as
determined by the department.
- Masters or Doctoral degree from accredited program in Advanced
Practice Nursing for APRNs - OR Masters in Physician Assistant
Studies (whichever is applicable).
- Previous APRN or PA experience is desired.
Community / Marketing Title:
RN - Neuro Surg Onc*
EEO Employer Verbiage:
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of
race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age,
ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation,
marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender
expression, and genetic information in the university's programs
and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university
Kansas City, Kansas US
Keywords: The University Kansas Health System, Topeka , RN - Neuro Surg Onc*, Healthcare , Scranton, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...