RN - Neuro Surg Onc*
Company: The University Kansas Health System
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Requisition Number: R-20257 Position Title: External
Description: JOB DESCRIPTION - The Advanced Practice Provider (APP)
in the Neurosurgery Department manages health problems and
coordinates health care in acute care and/or ambulatory
Neurosurgery specialty settings. These APPs deliver patient care
and medical services to individuals, families and groups by
utilizing standards of care in accordance with State and Federal
rules and regulations to assess health status, diagnose medical
conditions, develop medical plan of care, implement treatments and
evaluate patient responses in collaboration
withcollaborative/sponsoring physician as described in a
Collaborative Practice Agreement.
- Able to evaluate medical problems of clients in the assigned
specialty practice setting and appropriately requests consultation
of other specialties when indicated.
- Provides education to patients and/or families about preventive
care, medical issues and use of prescribed medical treatments
and/or medications pertinent to the patient's condition.
- Creates diagnostically appropriate treatment plans
- Documents all medical evaluation, diagnoses, procedures,
treatments, outcomes, education, referrals and consultations
consistent with NCQA, The Joint Commission, state regulatory
standards and evidenced-based standards of care. Maintains
documentation compliance for appropriate coding and billing.
- Facilitates evaluation of records by physician(s), peers and
quality standards according to protocols and receives and
implements constructive directives.
- May refer complex and high priority cases to collaborating
physician with regards to complicated diagnostic problems, serious
illness, complicated therapeutic problems and re-evaluation of
- Provides medical and emergency interventions appropriate to the
client's needs; prescribes and monitors medications appropriate to
the diagnosis; orders and monitors the appropriateness of emergency
- Maintains collegiality with all members of the
- Utilizes appropriate chain-of-command and communicates with
specialty practice Program Director, APP Director and Medical
Director of any clinical issue and contributes to quality
improvement or process improvement as necessary. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Copy of the current advance practice license for the State of
Kansas and/or Missouri (depending on practice locations) - PA or
- Advanced practice certification required. APRNs may obtain
within one year of date of hire; Specific certification may be
required depending on specialty
- BLS Certification required
- Age appropriate training for "population served" may depend on
APRN/PA program training and may require additional training as
determined by the department.
- Masters or Doctoral degree from accredited program in Advanced
Practice Nursing for APRNs OR Masters in Physician Assistant
Studies (whichever is applicable). Preferred:
- Previous APRN or PA experience is desired. City: Kansas City
State: Kansas Community / Marketing Title: RN - Neuro Surg Onc*
Company Profile: EEO Employer Verbiage: The University of Kansas
prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity,
religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status
as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status,
gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the
university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also
prohibited by university policy. Location_formattedLocationLong:
Kansas City, Kansas US Job Number: 59413
Keywords: The University Kansas Health System, Topeka , RN - Neuro Surg Onc*, Healthcare , Americus, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...