Psychiatrist (Physician #)
Company: Corizon Health
Posted on: July 13, 2019
About Corizon Health Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of
correctional healthcare in the United States. We are a company
built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the
industry. Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success
are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or
continue to advance your correctional healthcare career We have an
exceptional opportunity for a Psychiatrist to join our healthcare
team at Kansas Juvenile Correctional Complex in Topeka, KS.
- Provide diagnostic evaluation and treatment to patients on the
Mental Health Inpatient Unit.
- Provide psychiatric consultation, diagnosis, and treatment to
- Provide clinical direction, general supervision and training to
the Mental Health Unit staff.
- Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency of
all treatment plans. Create discharge plans to insure appropriate
follow-up and support after discharge from the institution's
- Provide onsite psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, and treatment
of those inmates referred by the medical or clinical services
staff. Provide written summaries of history, diagnosis and
- Where applicable, provide psychiatric services for inpatients,
assessment and diagnosis, staffing treatment planning, regular
review of all inmates assigned. Where applicable, provide
psychiatric services for all inmates referred to Healthcare Unit
for those inmates in the general population who need regular
psychiatric/mental health follow up. Where applicable, provide
psychiatric services for those inmates who need to be transferred
to Mental Health facilities. Services to include work up and any
court hearing testimony needed.
- Where applicable, act as regular psychiatrist and participate
in the treatment programming and planning for the Mental Health
Unit, duties include regular staffing and contact with Mental
Health Unit staff and supervisor, discussion of problem cases,
follow up and monitoring of medication, and general psychiatric
- Provide medication management to all inmates admitted to the
Mental Health Unit. Provide individual and/or group therapy as
- Approve all admissions and discharges into the Mental Health
Unit. Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency
of treatment plans.
- Provide in-service education to the Mental Health Unit staff as
- Be available on a scheduled basis for the on-call needs of the
Mental Health Unit.
- Participate in Treatment Audit Committee. Experience &
- Must be a graduate of medical school and have completed an
appropriate psychiatric residency.
- Corrections experience preferred.
- Must be licensed to practice in the applicable state and
certified by the Office of Mental Health to provide psychiatric
services in a licensed inpatient unit. Current DEA number.
- Providers currently in their residency training may be
considered based on contract needs. This position may require a
background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening. Not
ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration. Corizon
Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In
compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws,
qualified applicants are considered for all positions without
regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual
orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran
status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans Job Locations
US-KS-Topeka Category Behavioral/Mental Health Position Type
Regular Part-time Shift / Schedule Weekday Day Keyphrases:
psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs, psychiatric
nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Corizon Health, Topeka , Psychiatrist (Physician #), Healthcare , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!