Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) in Topeka, KS at Healthstat, Inc.
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Healthstat is a leading provider of on-site primary care, high
health risk intervention, chronic condition management and
occupational medical care services in employer facilities. Through
on-site centers, preventative care, wellness programs and
comprehensive reporting, Healthstat alleviates a corporation's
rising cost of healthcare by improving the health of its employees
and dependents. Healthstat currently manages more than 300 clinics
nationwide serving over 200,000 participants.
Healthstat's professional providers aid employees with reaching
personal health improvement goals. Our positions offer a unique
opportunity to be directly involved with improving employee health
with a singular commitment to wellness.
Healthstat is seeking a qualified LPN looking to be an integral
part of our culture where people come first, and we strive to make
a difference. Personal health is our priority!! Our clinics
generate healthy and happy employees!
- Interviews patient to determine medical problem/condition and
documents in chart for physician.
- Obtains and records patient's vital signs and weight.
- Assists physician with patient examination as needed.
- Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs
- Documents services performed on appropriate forms.
- Dresses wounds as instructed.--- Applies compresses, ice and
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication
or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
- Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or
intermuscular injection, and notes time and amount on patients'
- Assembles and uses clinic equipment.
- Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from
patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on
- Sterilizes equipment and supplies.
- Cleans rooms and changes linens.
- Maintains supplies, including stocking and ordering new
supplies and disposing of expired or damaged supplies.
- Responds to patient or client telephone inquiries by evaluating
and responding to the patient's/client---problems and
- Follows up with patients who miss appointments.
- Follows up with patients on lab results, including the
scheduling of any additional tests.
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other
- Documents all encounters in the electronic medical record
system (eCW) accurately and completely
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited program,
Associate's degree (A.S.) and/or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school.
- Licensed as a Practical or Vocational Nurse, Current
Certification in Basic Life Support is required
- At least three years of clinical experience as a LPN/LVN in an
ambulatory care, occupational health, or emergency department
- Knowledge about workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA
- Strong computer skills (Internet software, spreadsheet, word
processing etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Experience with Microsoft office products to include Word and
- Phlebotomy experience---preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, age,
marital status, or handicap.
Keywords: Healthstat, Topeka , Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) in Topeka, KS at Healthstat, Inc., Healthcare , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!