Company: Pathway Family Services LLC
Posted on: November 23, 2021
I. POSITION PURPOSE HP123Oversee food preparation of healthy
nutritious meals in the residential settings according to state
guidelines and standards.II. NATURE AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be
- Develops meal and snack menus for residents and staff at the
facility. Meals will meet required nutritional values of the four
food groups during the day.
- Ensures that menus are posted weekly for staff and residents to
- Orders required food and supplies to ensure meals and prepared
- Ensures that substitute food is available for residents unable
to eat specific food due to religious beliefs (as supported are
verified by parent/guardian), allergies or as medically
- Ensures kitchen area is well maintained and clean. Reports
maintenance needs for major appliances to Assistant Director.
- Practices sanitary methods of food handling and storage.
Ensures food is properly stored in containers and space to prevent
- Maintains the kitchen, equipment and kitchen supplies in
working order. Discards chipped or broken utensils, supplies, and
equipment as needed.
- Ensures safely or residents and staff by properly locking up
all sharps and cleaning supplies.
- Ensures food is properly labeled and dated.
- Ensures all eating and cooking utensils are clean and properly
stored after use.
- Attends and participates in staff meeting or events planned by
the facility for parents and/or residents, as requested.
- Ensures food proportions and type of food served are
appropriate to all ages of residents.
- Provides information to Direct, PRTF, QRTP, Shelter and
appropriate staff regarding importance of proper nutrition and food
groups that can be taught to the residents.
- Works with facility staff to accomplish daily, weekly, and
monthly reports regarding number of residents and staff
- Participates in required digital and in-person KDH&E
- Follows all KDH&E regulations in regard to residential
- Will be required to travel in order to attend meetings,
training, or conducting business off site. Must have a valid
driver's license and meet agency underwriting standards if driving
on agency business. Not required to transport clients.
- Refrains from assuming any duty that is unrelated to and/or
interferes with the responsibilities of the position.
- Advocates, promotes, and practices cultural sensitivity and
responsiveness in all day-to-day interactions, including menu
choices as feasible.
- Develops, promotes, and practices teamwork in all
activities.SUPERVISION:Supervises Assistant Cooks.III. EDUCATION,
EXPERIENCE AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION AND/OR
EXPERIENCE:Knowledge of nutritional needs of children up to the age
of 18 and the required quantity and type of food edible for
children and at least 21 years of age is required based on state
requirement of being at least 3 years older than the oldest
resident. At least one year of experience with cooking and
preparing menus in a regulated environment. Formal food service,
nutrition or cooking school training or education preferred.
Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Dietitian is
preferred.PRESENTATION SKILLS:Ability to respond to common
inquiries or complaints from clients or regulatory agencies.
Ability to effectively present information to employees, management
and public groups.FINANCIAL/COMPUTATIVE SKILLS:Ability to apply
concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to
practical situation. Familiarity with computers and their
capabilities for data entry and reporting.ANALYTICAL
ABILITY:Ability to define problems, set measurable outcomes,
collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability
to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete
variables.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:Must have a valid
driver's license. Dietitian Licensure preferred.IV. PHYSICAL
DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit, and walk. The
employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers; climb or
balance; and stoop or kneel. The employee is required to be able to
safely operate a motor vehicle and be able to obtain a license
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and the ability to adjust focus.V. WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Worker is subject to outside environmental conditions
occasionally, inside conditions frequently, usually with protection
from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature
- The work includes frequent interruptions, inappropriate
behaviors, and potential for verbal and physical threats from
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.VI.
- Oversee preparation of nutritious meals and snacks for
residents and staff at the facility.
- Plan meals to include menus, ordering food, and reporting
- Maintain kitchen in sanitary and organized manner.
- Maintain a safe environment for residents and staff by ensuring
all sharps and cleaning supplies are kept locked up.
Keywords: Pathway Family Services LLC, Topeka , Lead Cook-PRTF, Hospitality & Tourism , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!