Food Safety Team Leader
Posted on: September 10, 2019
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 74807 - Topeka, Kansas, United States
The Quality Food Safety Team Leader leads the Food Safety team to
ensure Company quality standards are met in the following
Food Safety Compliance: Understands and implements all plant,
company and government standards for Food Safety, Environmental
monitoring, HACCP, GMP's and FSMA initiatives.
Documentation / Communication: Ensures that the reporting of data
and maintenance of records is documented. Additionally, interprets
data and effectively communicates results to appropriate
individuals, including management.
Training and standardization: Develop, designs and delivers quality
training, including new hire, new process, new equipment and new
Continuous Improvement: Understands and drives the Continuous
Improvement of plant food safety processes and environmental
monitoring performance issues.
Cleaning / Sanitation: Understands, implements and maintains all
plant equipment cleaning and sanitizing in an efficient and timely
manner to ensure the plant is in compliance with all food safety
requirements. Includes overseeing the monitoring of the sanitation
- Responsible for execution and documentation of the Plant Food
Safety Program. Includes documentation of all CCP, HACCP, FDA and
Product Release requirements and leading and coordinating Pest
- Responsible for conducting investigations of all Food Safety /
Environmental / Micro non-conformance issues through utilization of
- Manages microbial sampling plan. Ensures environmental swabbing
and testing program is adhered to and in compliance of Corporate
- Leads internal GMP, quality standards and system audits for the
- Identifies and initiates quality improvements. Advises
improvements to process, product, quality systems and working
instructions. Measures and report plant Quality KPI's
- Supervises compliance of Corporate & Plant quality SOPs and
conducts internal auditing program to ensure adherence.
- Assist with execution and follow up of regulatory, internal and
external audits (i.e. FDA, USDA, AIB, State, etc.)
- Provides Food Safety Training to the Plant Operations team
based on compliance needs
- Works with Plant Engineers to ensure proper Sanitary Equipment
Food Design of new capital projects
Basic qualifications include:
- BS degree in Engineering, Biology, Food Science or other
- Or Bachelor's degree with 3 years of Food Safety experience in
a manufacturing environment
- 3 years manufacturing experience
- 1+ years food safety experience
- Experience in Cleaning and Sanitation programs
- Certification in PCQI, HACCP or GMP
Preferred qualifications include:
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- 3+ years food safety experience
- Intermediate application of SAP experience
- Auditing and compliance experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital
status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can
apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover
letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not
considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We
look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill's we have a
purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of
millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing
nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75
years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills'
mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships
between people and their pets.
HILL'S-- Prescription Diet-- therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S--
Science Diet-- and HILL'S-- Ideal Balance--- wellness pet foods are
sold worldwide. Hill's is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a
leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral
Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of
products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and
Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and
http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook,
Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is
available for persons with disabilities. Please contact
Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject
"Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
Keywords: Colgate-Palmolive, Topeka , Food Safety Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!