Field Service Engineer II
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: September 3, 2020
Position Summary: Field based position that works at customer
sites to ensure that equipment is operating at an optimum level by
providing repair, preventative, maintenance, diagnostic, and
validation services. Provides generalist level support to one or
more Thermo product line, family or application. Products include,
Lab Refrigerator/ Freezers, Ultra Low freezers, centrifuges, ultra
pure water products, ovens, incubators, biosafety cabinets and cell
Evaluates and Resolves Customer Equipment Issues:
- Ensures customer satisfaction through excellence in repair and
support of customers' products.
- Maintains communication with customer to ensure understanding
of status, cost, and timing of all aspects of the service
- Provides courteous and knowledgeable response to technical
issues, meeting commitments in a timely manner.
- Serves as a customer advocate and ensures that technical issues
are resolved in a timely manner
- Manages escalation of unresolved technical issues to Technical
- Adheres to Thermo Fisher Scientific protocols, consistencies
Performs Installations, Customer Training and Maintenance:
- Performs technical diagnosis of operational problems and
repairs/calibrations on wide range of laboratory equipment to
ensure that the equipment is operating to the customer's complete
satisfaction and manufacture specifications. Products include, Lab
Refrigerator/ Freezers, Ultra Low freezers, centrifuges, ultra pure
water products, ovens, incubators, biosafety cabinets and cell
- In addition to training end users and distributors, serves as a
source of technical product knowledge and trains, as required,
other service engineers and provides supervision as required in the
course of this duty.
- Performs technical evaluations on product changes and on new
products, including software verification, collection of
performance data, assessment of user friendliness, ease of
maintenance, etc. Provide written reports on evaluations.
- Assists with customer training, by preparing instruments and
supplies as well as giving presentations.
Manages Internal Processes:
- Enters various types of data (i.e. service log, invoicing,
knowledge retention, etc.) into computer system.
- Participates in depot repairs via equipment repairs, training,
etc. (may be on a rotational basis).
- Supports the Quality System and Quality Policy by following
procedures/work instructions and creating records to meet the
requirements of the Quality System Regulation and ISO
- Assists Accounts Receivable Department in collecting past due
- Assists in the development of manuals and technical
- Maintains spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test
- Maintains records of all service events per organizational
- Promotes and sells various types of extended warranty/PM
contracts on equipment, user training, and Service Replacement
- Advises sales representatives of potential selling
opportunities within accounts.
- Technical school degree in Refrigeration or Electronics or
scientific field, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of equivalent job related experience, preferably
supporting laboratory equipment.
- Technical proficiency in instrumentation and electronics.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to handle multiple
- Strong inter-personal, self-motivational, & negotiating
- Excellent communication skills, working across all levels,
functions and regions
- Excellent Computer skills required; efficiency in Word and
- Willingness to travel for training.
No relocation is provided for this position.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Topeka , Field Service Engineer II, IT / Software / Systems , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!