Software Engineer III
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Software Engineer IIIUnited StatesNewInformation TechnologyNov
09, 2022Post Date22202575Requisition #Apply for JobShare this
JobSign Up for Job AlertsCTG is seeking to fill aSoftware Engineer
IIIopening for our client based in Buffalo,
NY.Location:RemoteDuration:9 months, with potential for extension
or hireOverview:Provides designs, specifies information systems
solutions and the highest level technical direction in the
development of new or existing applications to solve basic to
complex problems or enhancements. Serves as a principal application
designer for critical components and major modifications
effectively using analytical and technical skills, available
technology and tools in the evaluation of client requirements and
processes. Provides solutions that are technologically sound. Often
directs and monitors the activities of less experienced
- Complete and oversee the most complex systems analysis, design
and development efforts. Play a key role as a leader and individual
contributor on complex projects. Provide the highest level
analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and
implementing new uses of information technologies to assist the
client areas and Bank in meeting their short-term business goals
and long-term strategic objectives.
- Direct and monitor less experienced resources and coordinate
development tasks for any scope project. Prepare and manage the
technical component of project plans.
- Confer with other Development, operations staff and Technology
staff in overall systems development direction from technical
analysis to user acceptance testing.
- Prepare and review test data and execute detailed test plans.
Complete any required debugging.
- Evaluate and understand highly complex interrelationships and
effects among programs, interfacing applications and
- Prepare thorough, clear technical and functional specifications
and update systems documentation. Prepare charts, tables and
diagrams to assist in analyzing problems. Review documentation
prepared by less experienced staff.
- Prepare and review assessments to include required tasks,
estimated time frames and effort for any scope project.
- Maintain efficient operation and effectiveness of supported
- Recommend new technology, policies or processes to benefit the
organization and improve deficiencies. Lead or participate in
technical evaluations of vendor software.
- Follow and promote use of development standards and
- Maintain high level of technical aptitude and expert working
knowledge of the supporting application(s), development
environments and the supported client environment.
- Assist in developing expense and capital budgets.
- Monitor employee performance and may prepare annual
appraisals.Scope of Responsibilities:The position works under
supervision of Technology management. The jobholder is competent to
work independently on all high level systems analysis and technical
phases of development. The position is capable of managing the
activities of others on any scope project and often leads project
activities. The jobholder monitors staff performance on assigned
projects related to their overall abilities and effectiveness in
completing projects within schedules. The position participates in
the development of less experienced staff. The position interacts
with senior management, other technology personnel, clients and
vendors. The jobholder provides backup to higher management as
required and may be called upon to serve as a technical
representative on committees, ad-hoc projects, etc.Education and
- Minimum of an Associates degree and 6 years systems
analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a
degree, a combined minimum of 8 years higher education and/or work
experience, including a minimum of 6 years systems
analysis/application development experience.
- Familiar with application development software and hardware
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent
project management, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex
- Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with prior
experience presenting to the target audience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong lateral thinking skills.
- Experience coordinating between Applications and business
- Experience recommending and implementing system solutions.
- Experience driving project milestones and delivery dates.
- Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities from a project
management perspective.Education and Experience Preferred:
- Good understanding of the Banks application framework.
- Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience
utilizing application/system being supported.
- Mastered understanding of applications supported with an
advanced knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as
- Ability to multitask for various components of complex
- Mastered knowledge and focus of the entire system to work on
projects outside of normal business-as-usual (BAU).Excellent verbal
and written English communication skills and the ability to
interact professionally with a diverse group is required.CTG does
not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment
agencies, or fee based recruitment services for this role.To
Apply:To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition
using the link provided. For additional information, please
contactTheresa Hillard at 888-284-6551 ext. 2108 or
email@example.com. Kindly forward to any other interested
parties-thank you!CTG's Benefits Plan allows you to select
insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in
our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible
Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock
Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than
2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development
courses.CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation
solutions and services that accelerate clients project momentum and
achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision
is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred
career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has
operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and
India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.Our culture is a
direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold,
and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the
culture. Its a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day
through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our
communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that
attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition
as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our
global operations.CTG will consider for employment all qualified
applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state,
and federal laws.CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to
all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement,
training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release
of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and
gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status,
citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required
by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote
occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG
is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for
members of protected classes.Additional Information
- Job Function: Industrial Engineering
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
- Work Remote: Yes
- Travel: No
Keywords: CTG, Topeka , Software Engineer III, IT / Software / Systems , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!