Company: HR Partners
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Company: CBW BankTitle: Legal CounselJob Classification: Exempt,
Full-TimeWork Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00
p.m.Reporting Relationship: President or as assignedWork Location:
Topeka, KS -Primary Accountabilities:CBW Bank an innovative,
dynamic company is looking for a Legal Counsel and Compliance
Officer. This person will be responsible for ensuring that the Bank
achieves optimum compliance with all loan related banking and
consumer protection laws. The incumbent will work with all
departments to ensure that the needs of the organization are met in
their corporate and regulatory oversight responsibilities. -The
ideal person must be analytical, precise and careful. You must
enjoy working in a fast paced, results driven environment. -We will
reward you for your performance and your accomplishment in
achieving the goals as set in the business plan. Please send resume
to: email@example.com -Major Duties:
- Performs legal analysis for the Bank, with emphasis on
interpretation and application of federal and state statutes and
regulations applicable to the Bank's programs.
- Drafts and negotiates on the Bank's behalf contracts with
customers, vendors and other third parties.
- Prepares legal advisory opinions and guidance, applicable to
the Bank, and guides the Bank through any necessary changes.
- Provide advice, guidance and counsel at an advanced level of
sophistication on a broad scope of complex legal matters or
problems to Management.
- Lead and execute complex legal projects within the Bank.
- Represents the Bank in complex legal matters and have
significant interaction with government regulators.
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with external parties
(customers, regulators, vendors, etc.)
- Communicate regularly with and make formal presentations and
proposals to the Board and executive management regarding policy
and business considerations
- Review policies and procedures for compliance with applicable
laws and regulations and the institution's stated policies and
- Develops and maintains subject matter expertise with respect to
relevant legal topics with a strong focus on prepaid access, online
lending and other financial products, digital marketing, electronic
funding, and lead generational growth.
- Collaborate closely with outside counsel as directed.
- Research legal and regulatory questions by staff.
- Track regulatory proposals and final rules to gauge their
impact to the Bank.
- Serve as liaison between the Bank and regulatory
- Monitor and responds to all subpoenas and complaints received
by the Bank.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including
external and internal training and professional association
- Work on special projects as requested by senior
- Other duties as assigned. -Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of legal experience.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise independent
judgment and discretion, anticipate and mitigate friction points,
and take the initiative to promptly resolve and learn from
- Ability to assess risks and provide thoughtful advice in a
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and convey them in a
simple, user-friendly manner.
- Law degree - licensed by and in good standing with the at least
one US state bar licensing authority.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication
- Strong PC skills required - proficient in Google Suite, Excel,
Word, and PowerPoint. -Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds. -Work
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office
- Interaction with staff and customers. -Additional
Duties:Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this
job description at any time. The job description does not state or
imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the
employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow
any other job-related instructions and to perform any other
job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Keywords: HR Partners, Topeka , Legal Counsel, Legal , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!