Mortgage Banker II
Company: NBH Bank
Posted on: January 17, 2020
MORTGAGE BANKER II
Colorado, USA; Kansas, USA; Missouri, USA; New Mexico, USA; Texas,
USA; Utah, USA Req #299
Friday, January 3, 2020
Common sense is more than just banking, and we believe in finding
financial solutions that cater specifically to our client s needs.
We are looking for talented associates who understand the
complexities of life and will offer simple solutions that best fit
the needs of our clients.
If this is what you believe in, then you re definitely right for
us. And, we might be the right bank for you.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job,
but is not an exhaustive list. The Bank, through its managers and
supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties
necessary to meet the needs of our customers, associates and/or
1. Responsible for the generation of mortgage loan production from
banking center provided leads, referral sources, realtors,
builders, and consumer networking groups.
2. Originate 60 units of first mortgage loan products annually.
3. Develop referral partner relationships with NBH Banking Center
Associates, realtors, builders, and other sources.
4. Utilize established personal network within the local mortgage
and banking industry to increase market share.
5. Originate individual loan production and complete an initial
loan application with all consumers, either face-to-face, via
telephone, or by directing the consumer to our online
6. Align mortgage priorities with the Client Experience ,
compliance, audit and operations.
7. Help the Sales Manager to monitor market place competition and
trends in order to incorporate them as appropriate into the sales
8. Identify referral sources and collaborate with all internal
stakeholders to increase the Bank s presence and competitive status
by expanding existing business relationships and servicing clients
(increase wallet share).
9. Develop a book of business through prospecting while also
servicing assigned Banking Center s clientele.
10. Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with
regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the
position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and
Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
11. Interact with others (co-workers, management, clients, and
vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating
them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or
EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
REQUIRED: This position requires the following educational and/or
* Associates degree in Business, Finance or equivalent combination
of education and related work experience.
* 5+ years of experience in mortgage banking.
* Advanced knowledge of RESPA/government regulations for
* Knowledge and experience operating within Dodd-Frank
* Proven track record of success in the mortgage lending
* Must be/become registered and licensed in the Nationwide Mortgage
Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) as required by the S.A.F.E.
* This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory
requirements and NBH's compliance policies related to these
requirements including acceptable background check investigation
results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory
requirements including additional screening and required reporting
of certain incidents.
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance or equivalent combination
of education and related work experience.
* 6+ years of experience in mortgage banking.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview
of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive
* Proficient in MS Office applications which include Outlook, Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Proficient in Encompass and Desktop Underwriter.
* Ability to interact with others, both in person and through
phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
* Ability to perform focused work with close attention to
* Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively toward solutions
that generally benefit all involved parties; works cooperatively
with others to accomplish company objectives.
* Apply and improve extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge,
skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one's
* Apply original thinking in approach to job responsibilities and
to improve processes, methods, systems, or services.
* Demonstrate concern for achieving or surpassing results against
an internal or external standard of excellence. Show a passion for
improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous
* Makes decisions authoritatively and wisely, after adequately
contemplating various available courses of action.
* Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality
information flows smoothly up and down, inside and outside of the
NBH Bank footprint.
* Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally or
verbally in individual or group situations.
The following is intended to give an overview of the work
environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
* Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time
(typically no longer than 8 hours).
* Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist,
twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn
head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp and hold tools and other items
with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times
throughout the workday.
* Must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
* Must be able to travel as necessary.
Thank you for your application!
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and
associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the
individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the
essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate
requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job
function, should contact Human Resources.
The Bank's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic
information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or any other legally protected category. The Bank is proud
to be a drug-free workplace.
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to
employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen,
employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time
* Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: NBH Bank, Topeka , Mortgage Banker II, Other , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!