Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 102663 - Topeka, Kansas, United States
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product Development, Marketing, Design, Supply
Chain, and other functional groups to identify package technologies
to deliver consumer centric solutions that meet key attributes (For
example: costs, consumer usage/functionality, manufacturability and
compatibility/functionality of materials with product).
- Provide technical expertise on wet food packaging to guide
business packaging solutions in this market.
- Conduct packaging development and implementation through
scale-up and Technology
- Transfer process by partnering with the quality, product
development and the manufacturing sites teams to:
Ensure that packaging equipment/material system specifications,
functionality and design are appropriate for use.
Ensure that the packaging provides product integrity and appeal
under varying shipping and display conditions.
- Supervise package testing, analyze test data and prepare
reports to include recommendations and conclusions.
- Maintain and continuously improve tooling/package qualification
plans, technology transfer documentation (Design History Files) and
final package component specifications, Manufacturing
Specifications, case/cube information cost and savings estimates
- Understands the capabilities of the Packaging Laboratory test
equipment and exhibits a working knowledge of their operation.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- BS Degree in Packaging Engineering, Material Science or
relevant technical field.
- Minimum of 7 years of practical experience in package
development or engineering, preferably in the FMCG.
- Experience with the retort process in the food industry.
- Must be proficient with the following computer programs:
- Cape Pack or other pallet pattern design software.
- SAP or similar ERP system.
- Project Management skills with experience leading cross
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills and strong
interpersonal skills to work with diverse cultures and global
- Insights & Analytics: translate insights into strategies and
actions to develop/improve packaging while leveraging analytics to
make fact based decisions.
- Planning/Priority Setting - Multi-tasking of several projects
with minimal direction.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital
status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other
characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can
apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover
letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not
considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We
look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill's we have
a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of
millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing
nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75
years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills'
mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships
between people and their pets.
HILL'S Prescription Diet therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S Science
Diet and HILL'S Ideal Balance wellness pet foods are sold
worldwide. Hill's is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading
global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care,
Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products
in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate,