Company: Midwest Health
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The health and wellbeing of our staff members and residents is
our number one priority. Our community is strictly following the
CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and has
restricted community access in accordance with state and local
health agency direction. Our infectious disease protocols include
but are not limited to:
- Screening staff members at the beginning and part way through
- All staff members are wearing face masks at all times while
inside the community.
- Staff members have access to PPE including gloves, face masks,
face shields, and gowns, if ever needed.
- Our community is utilizing telemedicine as much as possible.
This ensures our residents are getting the care they need with as
little risk of exposure as possible.
- As always, we are committed to transparency and will make all
staff, residents, and families aware of any COVID-19 positive cases
at our communities.
Seeking full time OTR for SNF/LTC and outpatient services at
Lexington Park Health and Rehab. Comprehensive benefit package, CEU
compensation, onsite quarterly modality training, generous employee
time off. Our therapy program is based on an in house model
allowing for a flexible clinical treatment environment.
The Occupational Therapist treats injured, ill or disabled
residents through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. Help
these patients develop, recover and improve the skills needed for
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Facility's personnel, safety, and corporate
policies and procedures.
- Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident
abuse/neglect immediately to the Administrator or Director of
- Reports to Corporate Director of Rehabilitation and facility
Director of Rehabilitation Services.
- Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members
with dignity and respect.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- May be responsible for supervising/training personnel such as
COTA or OTR Aides.
- Responsible for evaluating the patient within one business day
of written referral from the Doctor.
- The recommended programs will be patient specific to diagnosis
according to the type/age of patient under program.
- After evaluating the patient, the therapist is responsible for
planning, administering and supervising the COTA in an appropriate
- Communicate with the referring physician and members of the
rehabilitation team regarding the patient's total treatment
- Maintain an accurate daily record of treatments given to
patient's including billing and charting.
- The staff OTR will maintain an accurate daily record of
treatments given to patients including billing and charting.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of
- Will attain an efficiency standard for delivery of occupational
- May provide in-service education to facilities, supportive
staff, students and community.
- Must meet recognized standards of the professional education
- Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes,
must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company's
Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on
weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the
job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
- Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain
the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist
residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds.
The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine
performance of the essential functions, some of the following body
movements may occur naturally, although they may not be a
requirement of the job.
Keywords: Midwest Health, Topeka , Occupational Therapist, Other , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!