Company: LMI Aerospace
Location: Cottonwood Falls
Posted on: June 8, 2021
WHO ARE WE
LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and
manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for
commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace
customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts
throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our
integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable
our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities
for career growth within our organization.
We are currently seeking an Assembler. Our Assemblers primary
functions would be drilling and deburring parts to ready for
assembly, assembly of component parts including attaching parts
together by installing ground studs, attaching nutplates or
bonding. In all actions, supports LMI's Quality Policy, Mission
Statement and other LMI policies and procedures by supporting our
commitment to total customer satisfaction, quality products and
services, lean processes, continuous improvement, on-time delivery,
safety, teaming, individual accountability and respect for
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work from and follow process specifications, work orders,
blueprints, rework/rejection tags, schedules, schematics, layout &
modification sheets, engineering orders and verbal/written
- Interpret document/instruction (above) to determine sequence
and methods to assemble and repair sheet metal products.
- Pull parts from bin; report any shortages to Supervisor.
- Work different gauge/type of sheet metal aluminum according to
- Clean components; load component parts onto jig/fixture.
- Drill, ream, rivet, fit, countersink, adjust, finish, and
inspect part to ensure that specifications are met.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, and smooth surfaces.
- call for inspection.
- Work off rework to engineering to eliminate
- Scrutinize every facet of job and report improper operation,
faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- High school diploma or high school equivalency preferred.
Candidates that do not have a high school diploma or high school
equivalency will be required to take a pre-employment assessment to
be considered for the role.
- Previous aircraft experience or sheet metal work is
- Basic mechanical aptitude to put together work instructions and
to assemble parts.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with team members on a
- Prior experience with blueprints and precision measuring
devices a plus.
- Skilled at using a variety of small hand tools.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Noise levels ranging from quiet to extremely loud
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when
working on the manufacturing floor including, but not limited to,
eye, ear, and foot protection
- May occasionally lift and /or move up to 10-50 pounds
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan - for access to counseling, consulting
and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions
of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible
job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities,
tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job
description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This
document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the
Company are employed on an "at will" basis and may be terminated at
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with
applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with
disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to
access the company's online application system. If an applicant is
unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will
provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities
may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line
application system. Callers should have a detailed description of
the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of
contact ready for LMI's Human Resources Department. LMI will make
every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone
number is not for the general submission of application
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Keywords: LMI Aerospace, Topeka , Assembler, Other , Cottonwood Falls, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!