Consumer Affairs Agent
Company: Colgate-Palmolive Company
Posted on: June 9, 2021
No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 105683 - Topeka, Kansas, United States
As a Customer Support Center (CSC) Consumer Affairs Agent, you
will be a part of dynamic and diverse team located at our Hill's
Pet Nutrition global headquarters in Topeka, KS. The Hill's
Customer Support Center (CSC) is a world class contact center
responsible for providing superior service to Hill's North American
based pet store and vet clinic customers, consumers, and internal
sales teams. As an Consumer Affairs Agent, you will build and
increase consumer retention by managing relationships with
individuals that contact the North American helpline utilizing
company guidelines and best practices. An Agent acts independently
to portray a caring and professional image to the consumer and
accurately record consumer information and consultation details.
The agent may also be cross-trained to support Inbound, Fax, and
Contact/Specialty teams as needed.
The Consumer Affairs (CA) Agent is responsible for:
- Handle a variety of telephone, email, chat, social media and
letter inquiries (complaints, suggestions, praise, questions, and
issues) from pet owners, retailers, breeders, field personnel,
- Utilize on-line reference materials in order to assure
consistent, accurate messaging.
- Summarize and enter inquiries accurately and thoroughly with
attention to usability into the Consumer Response computer system
following established guidelines.
- Meet standards of performance for data recording quality,
excellent customer service and speed of call handling by meeting or
exceeding standard Key Performance Indicators.
- Manage the call volume by taking responsibility answering
incoming calls as top priority, including adhering to telephone
- Be alert to identifying potential high risk issues and
reporting them immediately to department management.
- Take ownership of calls, only escalating calls to others in the
department for resolution that are truly unresolvable.
- Resolve complex problems by employing negotiation skills and
business judgment to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Accepts coaching, feedback and direction, which follows Hill's
company philosophy of providing continuous feedback (Coaching and
- Maintain confidentiality of Hill's consumers and data
CA Agent may also support CSC partners, including:
- The Inbound Team that is responsible for providing
best-in-class customer service to our Pet and Veterinary customers
via inbound telephone calls, including keying orders, researching
account issues, making outbound calls to warehouse personnel, and
upselling products while using the sales model.
- The Fax Team is responsible for accurately and efficiently
processing incoming fax orders and place outbound calls to
customers to address order clarifications. This position is also
responsible for sorting, marking, and distributing the incoming
faxes from the fax machines.
- The Contact/Specialty Team provides support to
internal/external customers in regard to processing of orders,
including managing all aspects of order entry. This position will
have primary responsibility for site administration of the Hills
retails eSales site. A Contact/Specialty Team agent will have
knowledge of all promotional activities and work with the Go to
- In addition, this position will work closely with Business
Partners, Field Sales, and Customer Fulfillment on special
projects, and be responsible for first level trouble shooting of
all operations systems.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions. You
may be assigned to special projects or given responsibilities in
addition to the above dependent on demonstrated skillsets and
Education/ Experience Requirements
Basic qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Proficient use of computers, including Microsoft programs (Word
- Ability to type at least 35 words per minute with a low error
- Ability to talk to customers/consumers while typing, up to 8
hours per day, at a desk, following a set team schedule
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ year of Consumer Affairs experience
- Knowledge of small animal clinical nutrition and/or experience
providing direct care to cats and/or dogs
Expected Areas of Skills:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong communications skills (written/verbal)
- Proficient in managing multiple screens of information while
speaking with a customer
- Interpersonal skills that fit a team and individual
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital
status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other
characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can
apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover
letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not
considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We
look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill's we have
a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of
millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing
nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75
years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills'
mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships
between people and their pets.
HILL'S Prescription Diet therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S Science
Diet and HILL'S Ideal Balance wellness pet foods are sold
worldwide. Hill's is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading
global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care,
Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products
in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate,
Keywords: Colgate-Palmolive Company, Topeka , Consumer Affairs Agent, Other , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!