Police Officer III - Uncertified
Company: Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Department: Law Enforcement
Location: 16344 Q Road Mayetta, KS 66509
Pay Range: $16.97 - $31.34
- Offering rate will vary within the listed hourly range above.
Supported by the Department budget & related
- Preference in employment actions exercised in accordance with
applicable law. Applicants must provide proof of eligibility for
- Benefits for Full-Time:(PD is open 24/7, schedule will vary),
Weekly pay periods, Holiday pay(dependent on schedule), paid
Birthday leave, Weekly accruals for Vacation & Sick leave,
Administrative, Bereavement, and Educational Leave available,
Low-Cost & Low-Deductible Benefits Plans & Generous 401(k) matching
Questions before applying? 785-966-3060 or HR@pbpnation.org
This is an uncertified law enforcement position for the Prairie
Band Potawatomi Tribal Police. Maintains, preserves and protects
the peace, welfare, liberty and safety of the Prairie Band
Potawatomi (PBP) Reservation and its citizens.
To qualify for this position, applicants must at least meet
minimum requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 21 years of age.
- One year of employment and/or training of any type
- Must possess a valid Kansas driver's license free of
occupational restrictions, must be insurable with the Nation's
insurance within 30 days from hire.
- Successful completion of Kansas Law Enforcement Basic Training
Academy or an equivalent Federal or State approved academy and
certify as a Full-Time Kansas Law Enforcement Officer within 12
months of hire.
- Willing to obtain Emergency Vehicle Operators Course
certification (obtained during basic training)
- Subject to a one-year probationary period.
- Must possess/build a working knowledge of multiple court
structures and proceedings.
- Must possess/build a working knowledge of crime scenes;
including securing the crime scene, identifying evidence, properly
collecting, marking and documenting evidence.
- Must possess/build a working knowledge of field interviews and
- Must possess ability to subdue and restrain offenders by using
proper techniques including proper handcuffing, proper physical
defensive tactics, working knowledge of "Use of Force" continuum,
- Must possess ability to communicate professionally; both orally
and in writing with a service-oriented approach, sometimes in
- Must possess professional work ethics, manner, and
- Must possess the ability to operate general office equipment,
including but not limited to: 10-key calculator, telephone,
computer and operating systems, computer software programs
(Microsoft Office programs), fax/copier machine.
- Must possess a proven ability to handle confidential
information with discretion.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the
demands of the position.
- A record of satisfactory attendance and performance in all
prior and current employment.
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice.
- Five years of experience in emergency services/law
enforcement/security-related employment and/or training.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with others,
including members of the public
- Ability to maintain high level of privacy and confidentiality
of individuals and families.
- Ability to operate general office equipment, including but not
limited to: 10-key calculator, telephone, computer and operating
systems, computer software programs (Microsoft Office programs),
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly team-team oriented
- Ability to work in a high-stress, deadline oriented
- Attend out-of-state/out-of-town training periodically to
enhance job performance and knowledge.
- Ability to cope with high stress incidents including domestic
violence, aggravated assaults, aggravated batteries, homicides,
kidnapped children, shootings, fatal accidents, other deaths, bomb
threats, barricaded subjects, car chases, building searches,
suicidal subjects, officer suicides, etc.
- Ability to cope with job stress including extended hours away
from family, public scrutiny and distrust, media, political
differences, racism, fatigue, extended hours with short notice,
working while sick, environmental extremes, holiday work, shift
work, demanding physical requirements.
- Ability to cope with sexual crimes including rape, child
pornography, sexually abused children, sodomy, lewd and lascivious
- Ability to perform duties outdoors in all weather
- Health hazards possible contact with blood borne pathogens,
urine and saliva.
- Safety hazards include attacks from suspects, contact with
hazardous materials, potential animal bites.
- Safety hazards of high-speed chases, responding to accidents on
roadways, use of deadly weapons and force, attacks from suspects,
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and
lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various
positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting,
kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to
lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned
job tasks; and be able to frequently lift >50 pounds of weight
throughout the assigned workday.
BACKGROUND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Background Investigation through local, state and federal
- Pre-employment Drug Screening
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
- Must have no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions of
Domestic Violence or crime involving moral turpitude, DUI or serous
- Must successfully complete a post-offer medical screen and
psychological examination to determine the applicant's suitability
for work in the law enforcement profession.
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that
these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position.
Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any
other related duties, as may be required. The Prairie Band
Potawatomi Nation reserves the right to revise this job description
at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a
contract for employment..
Keywords: Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation, Topeka , Police Officer III - Uncertified, Other , Mayetta, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!