Radiologic Technologist (PRN)
Company: Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Department: Health Center
Supervisor: Radiology Technician
Location: 11400 158th Road Mayetta, KS 66509
Pay Range: $19.88 - $36.69
- Offering rate will vary within the listed hourly range above.
Supported by the Department budget & related
- Preference in employment actions exercised in accordance with
applicable law. Applicants must provide proof of eligibility for
Questions before applying? 785-966-3060 or HR@pbpnation.org
Radiologic Technologist performs x-rays to patients for
diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. Assure compliance with The
Joint Commission standards.
- Perform radiographs on all age groups, birth through elderly
upon request of the provider, and notify requesting provider when
the images are ready for viewing.
- Answer telephones and respond to patient's general questions.
Refer any clinical question to the attending physician, or Medical
Director as appropriate.
- Transmit images to the radiologist and receive reports.
- Promote a safe and secure Health Center environment by keeping
the Radiology Department's hallways, examination rooms, and waiting
area free of obstacles.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of department between
- Coordinate with Administrative Assistant to order supplies and
maintain proper inventory of radiology supplies.
- Maintain written log/computer generated information of all
radiographs performed at this site.
- Maintain infection control and safety with monthly reports of
- Upon receipt of an abnormal report, attach a copy to the
patient's medical chart and take it to the requesting provider or
- Maintain the physical privacy, confidentiality, and rights of
patients at all times.
- Assist nursing department with screening patients; i.e. height,
- Assist patient care staff by performing EKG's vision, hearing
exams and spirometry testing.
- Escort patients to various areas of the facility.
- Assist laboratory staff by performing phlebotomy on patients to
obtain samples for testing and run waved testing procedures subject
to lab director's approval.
- Assist lab staff with record keeping and filing duties.
- Interact professionally with patients and staff.
- Be familiar with Health Center safety systems; i.e. fire,
severe weather, codes, etc.
- Participate in QA&PI activities.
- Annual competency evaluation.
- Annual mandatory training (OSHA, Fire and Safety, Blood-borne
- Works cooperatively within office, Tribe and other agencies as
- All other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all minimum
requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Associate degree of Applied Science in Radiology or completion
in a radiologic technology program, evidenced by a
- RT(R) Certification.
- Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT) and willing to complete 24-hours of continuing
education every two years to maintain (ARRT) certification.
- Must be licensed in the State of KS as a Radiologic
- Two years of radiology work experience.
- Must have a current BCLS certification.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver's license and be insurable with
the Nation's insurance.
- Professional work ethics, manner and appearance.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Must be reliable, punctual and dependable in order to meet the
needs of the department and Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation.
- Must possess the ability to operate general office equipment,
including but not limited to: telephone, computer and operating
systems, computer software programs (Microsoft Office programs),
and fax/copier machine.
- A record of satisfactory attendance and performance in all
prior and current employment.
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging or other related
- Five years of radiology work experience.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with others,
including members of the public
- Ability to maintain high level of privacy and confidentiality
of individuals and families.
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly team-team oriented
- Ability to work in a high-stress, deadline oriented
- Attend out-of-state/out-of-town training periodically to
enhance job performance and knowledge.
- Exposure to illnesses, diseases and cytotoxic medications.
- Daily vicarious exposure to other's physical and emotional
trauma experiences can have severe and lasting effects on
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and
lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various
positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting,
kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to
lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned
job tasks; and be able to frequently lift 50 pounds of weight
throughout the assigned workday.
BACKGROUND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Background Investigation with Adjudication
- Pre-employment Drug Screening
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that
these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position.
Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any
other related duties, as may be required. The Prairie Band
Potawatomi Nation reserves the right to revise this job description
at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a
contract for employment.
Keywords: Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation, Topeka , Radiologic Technologist (PRN), Other , Mayetta, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!