Animal Care and Research Technician
Company: Colgate-Palmolive Company
Posted on: June 10, 2021
No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 101548 - Topeka, Kansas, United States
Animal Care and Research Technicians (ACRT) will provide high
quality care for our pet partners. Individuals in this position
support new and existing product-development activities through
animal care, hygiene and sanitation, food service, data collection,
and equipment operation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Animal Health and Hygiene
- Ensures animal health and hygiene through exercise, training,
bathing, grooming, and enrichment activities
- Trims nails, expresses anal glands, and perform other routine
- Administers medications, vaccines, and treatments prescribed by
- Applies behavioral principles as part of a learning or
treatment process to modify and improve animal behavior
- Learns, understands and adheres to Hill's Global Animal Care
and Use policy & Hill's Animal Colony Standard Operating
Cleaning and Sanitation
- Cleans and disinfects canine and feline single and group
housing units, enrichment areas, and other areas of the
- Cleans and disinfects toys, pet bedding, and feeding areas and
- Cleans and maintains litter boxes for distribution
- Launders and maintains pet bedding, towels, and other items for
- Maintains accurate and current sanitation schedule and
- Accurately fills pet feeding containers as directed by daily
- Coordinates with other team members to deliver and pickup food
- Accurately weighs food returns and records data in the animal
management system database
- Washes, organizes, and stores food containers and watering
- Collects blood, urine, and stool for testing
- Records body weights, temperature, body condition scores, blood
pressure measurements, heart rates, etc.
- Assists with dental prophy, ultrasound, acupuncture, and DEXA
- Maintains knowledge of ongoing feeding studies and communicates
Operates, calibrates and checks food and body weight scales
Operates hand-held data terminals and computers (e.g., Word,
Excel, Lotus Notes) and other applications
Troubleshoots mechanical issues with computer systems, feeders,
Minimum Education Experience:
- Graduation or GED from accredited High School and 1 year of
experience in a licensed animal or human care facility.
- A Bachelor's. degree in animal or biological sciences may
substitute for the 1 year of experience requirement
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Credentialed Licensed Veterinary Technician Certification;
- Veterinary Hospital experience; Prior clinical/research
Expected areas of skills:
Experience with Google based applications such as Sheets, Docs,
Must be able to come to work as needed, to arrive on time, and
to work overtime.
Must be able to work variable work schedules including weekends
Must be able to tolerate working conditions that do not exceed
safe limits such as heat, cold, humidity, noise, drafts, dust,
odors, elevations, and enclosed spaces for extended period of time
Must be able to work with approved industrial chemicals.
Must be able to work with species of animals including, but not
limited to, cats and dogs.
Must be able to successfully meet minimum requirements of the
PNC Animal Colony Functional Capacity Evaluation.
Must be able to stand, bend, pull, push, and lift up to 50#
repetitively on a daily basis.
Must be able to hear (either naturally or with assistance) any
- Must be able to see (either naturally or with corrective
lenses) and interpret visual signals from a computer screen and
keyboard, or other electronic devices.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital
status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other
characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can
apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover
letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not
considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We
look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill's we have
a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of
millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing
nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75
years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills'
mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships
between people and their pets.
HILL'S Prescription Diet therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S Science
Diet and HILL'S Ideal Balance wellness pet foods are sold
worldwide. Hill's is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading
global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care,
Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products
in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate,
Keywords: Colgate-Palmolive Company, Topeka , Animal Care and Research Technician, Other , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!