Topeka- Activities Assistant Part-Time Long Term Care
Company: McCrite Plaza
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Come join our Family Owned and Operated Community. We offer
competitive pay, company benefits and our residents are
Hours: Part-Time Weekends and Evenings
Salary: Based on Experience
Job Summary: The Activity Support Staff's primary function is to
assist the Activity Director and the Assistant Activity Director
with the resident activity program.
Essential Functions / Duties:
- Provide support for the planning, scheduling, and
implementation of activities for individual residents and groups
based upon residents' needs; provide support with the planning and
implementation of Reality Orientation on a one-on-one basis; plan
and implement evening programs three times a week as well as
programs for the weekend.
- Document interactions with resident and/or family in the
assessment and care plan as required by state standards.
- Responsible for completing the activity portion of the MDS
timely following admission of the resident to the facility and
- Identify and document in the resident's care plan the activity
interests, needs, and problems of the resident within 7 days of MDS
completion; care plan updates will be document every 90 days, upon
change of condition or hospital return.
- Assist with scheduling and facilitating the meeting of the
Resident's Council at least once a month.
- Assist with organization and scheduling of community events
related to residents' needs and interests.
- Plan, schedule, and implement room visits for residents unable
to leave their rooms.
- Organize church services on a denominational and
- Maintain materials to implement activity programs.
- Responsible for the safety of residents under his/her
supervision during activities.
- Attend staff meetings, in-service classes, and committee
meetings as assigned.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures,
- Operate computers programmed with software needed to record,
store, and analyze resident information; operate copy/fax/printer
machines to send documents and produce documents.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Activity
Director or Assistant Activity Director.Please refer to the
Physical and Other Requirements section for abilities that are
essential as they relate to the ability to do duties listed
Education and Experiences: Preferred Certified Nurse Aide that has
completed a training course approved by the State or Therapeutic
Recreation Specialist is required. Two years of experience in a
social or recreational program within the last 5 years, one of
which was full-time in a patient activities program in a health
care setting; or an Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy
Assistant preferred. Previous experience working with elderly is a
Keywords: McCrite Plaza, Topeka , Topeka- Activities Assistant Part-Time Long Term Care, Other , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!