Newborn Hearing Screener
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:Hearing Screening Associates is a full-service company
that offers an all-inclusive service for screening the hearing of
newborn infants. The concept covers everything from personnel and
testing to equipment to reporting and billing.
The Newborn Hearing Screening Technician performs mandated hearing
screening tests for newborn infants, provides education to parents
pertaining to the relevance of hearing screening and early
intervention, and records patient information and hearing screen
results. The screener is responsible to conduct these hearing
screening tests prior to patient discharge supporting patient care
goals and objectives. This part-time position is based in a busy
Newborn Nursery / NICU hospital setting.
- Conducts newborn hearing screenings on all infants in the
nursery and NICU prior to discharge from the hospital, coordinates
post-discharge follow up care as needed utilizing appropriate
procedures and computer technology.
- Works directly with nursing staff, patients, and parents to
communicate relevance of hearing screening and early intervention
to support positive outcomes; provide screening results to parents.
Must be able to analyze and communicate responses to problem
situations in a manner consistent with the company and customer's
- Maintain and use hearing screening equipment, assist with
- Interacts as needed with various hospital departments; Performs
duties in accordance with the policies and procedures of HSA,
hospitals, and respective departments.
- Upholds the code of conduct and compliance policies.
- Upon completion of HSA/Hospital training; has thorough
knowledge of procedural variables and instrumentation in the
application of Otoacoustic Emissions Assessment, Transient
Emissions, and Automated Auditory Brainstem Response (AABR)
- All other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- One (1) or more years of healthcare or childcare
training/experience, or related college curriculum is a
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to attend all company provided training.
- Willingness and ability to learn and operate hearing screening
- Must be able to move or lift up to 15 pounds.Employment is
contingent upon the following:
- Clear seven (7) year background check
- Verifiable prior employment including title and dates of
- Criminal history
- Must pass Drug Test
- Bloodwork required to verify immunization Titers
- Vaccinations as required by hospitals, including Flu
Hearing Screening Associates is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sexual orientation, sex, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status.
Hearing Screening Associates (HSA) is part of the Demant Group.
Demant is a world-leading hearing healthcare group that for more
than a century has played a vital part in developing innovative
technologies and know-how to help improve people's hearing and
health. In every aspect, from hearing devices, hearing implants and
diagnostic equipment to intelligent audio solutions and hearing
care all over the world, Demant is active and engaged.
The Demant Group operates in a global market with companies in more
than 30 countries, employs more than 14,500 staff and generates
annual revenue of DKK 14 billion (approx. 2.1 billion USD). Our
products are sold in more than 130 countries.
Keywords: Demant, Topeka , Newborn Hearing Screener, Other , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!