Private Duty Companion - Topeka Area - Full-Time o
Company: Interim HealthCare - Topeka KS
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionPrivate Duty Companion - Topeka Area - Full-Time
or Part-TimePay Rate: $12.00 - $13.00 per hourDo you have a heart
for seniors? Do you have caregiving experience? Are you looking for
a flexible & rewarding job? Interim Healthcare of Topeka is looking
for individuals that have a heart for our geriatric population &
are able to be a dependable part of patient's & families lives!
Companionship, meal preparation, cleaning services, and much more -
we have all hours available at this time & our flexible scheduling
allows you to schedule around your life. If you are interested in
this position, apply today - we would love to talk with you!
General Purpose:To provide personal care and incidental activities
of daily living to clients in the home setting as permitted by
federal and state law and regulations.Company Overview:The Stehley
Family has locally owned and operated Interim Healthcare in the
State of Kansas for 42 years. Interim Healthcare of Topeka,
Manhattan, and Lawrence is the only agency in these areas that
offers the full continuum of care - which consists of Home Health,
Hospice, Private Duty, and Staffing Services. Our Mission Statement
is 'We Improve People's Lives', and that is the core of what we
believe in here at Interim Healthcare. If you are looking to join a
company that is growing & has a family culture, this may be the job
you have been looking for! Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been
providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there
are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of
stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your
perfect career partner.Benefits:
- Locally Owned And Operated
- Health Coverage (If Full-Time Status)
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Free Education CoursesEssential Functions:
- Conducts the initial care delivery visit to client.
- Follows the written assignment sheet/service plan to:
- Assist the client with incidental activities of daily living
such as shopping, homemaking, preparing meals and maintaining a
clean and safe physical environment.
- Promote a safe client environment.
- Perform only assigned tasks as instructed by the Supervisor, as
applicable and where permitted by state law; (Assigned tasks are
those tasks (permitted by state law or regulation if applicable)
for which the Personal Care Aide has received training and Interim
HealthCare has accepted and verified as appropriate).
- Utilizes infection control measures such as hand washing and
personal protective equipment.
- Observes and reports safety hazards and changes in client
condition to Supervisor.
- Documents observations and activities in an accurate, complete
and timely manner.
- Organizes self to carry out visits/shifts and to complete
- Attends mandatory in-services and provide requested documents
to keep employee file current.
- Assists with orientation & training of field based care
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department.The Interim HealthCare Home Care Aide may
- Perform any personal care or skilled nursing procedure, which
is prohibited by the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Reconcile bank statements, endorse checks, or use any form of
the client's credit (e.g. credit or debit cards, ATM).Minimum
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Age of majority in the state.
- Any training required by state law or regulation or
- Twelve (12) months of accumulated experience in a similar job
classification or similar life experience.Knowledge, Skills &
- Successful completion of appropriate knowledge (competency)
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide care.
- Other minimum requirements as defined by state law or
- Proof of valid auto liability insurance and valid driver's
license as required by the organization's insurance carrier if
assignment(s) include driving a vehicle, preferred.
- Able to hear, speak and write and read in English in a manner
understood by most people.
- Able to read ten (10) point or larger type.
- Able to effectively handle multiple tasks or functions.Working
Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to constantly travel locally from assignment to
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
- Able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds in order to
carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be
Keywords: Interim HealthCare - Topeka KS, Topeka , Private Duty Companion - Topeka Area - Full-Time o, Other , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!