Corporate Communications Intern
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The corporate communications intern is a member of the corporate
communications team responsible for assisting with duties primarily
associated with our company intranet (BlueConnect). The intern will
work closely with the entire team but primarily the corporate
communication specialists. This position will have a heavy focus on
content writing, editing and management. The intern will help plan,
write and edit articles and other content for BlueConnect and
analyze engagement data. They will draft content for the company
blog and measure engagement. The intern will also have the
opportunity to assist in the development of branded communication
materials for other divisions across the company. The position will
provide the intern with real-world experiences to be better
prepared to work in the private industry.
The internship will be scheduled up to 25 hours per week, and is
eligible to work a hybrid schedule (combination of remote and
onsite) in accordance with our Telecommuting Policy.Are you ready
to make a difference? Choose to work for one of the most trusted
companies in Kansas.Essential FunctionsThe corporate communications
intern will be expected to:
- Assist with planning of BlueConnect (intranet) content
- Write, edit and post articles to BlueConnect.
- Assist with making sure BlueConnect aligns with brand standards
and corporate style.
- Use BlueConnect dashboard to analyze engagement of articles and
- Update and manage content on PeopleConnect.
- Coordinate, write and post announcements, etc. to campus
- Write and edit content for company blog.
- Work cross-divisionally to help develop brochures, power point
presentations, website updates, certificates, etc.
- Assist with taking new employee photos.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as
- Currently enrolled student at a four-year university in an
undergraduate or graduate program with an overall grade point
average of 3.0 or better. If in an undergraduate program, the
student will be a junior or senior.
- The individual's area of study must be related to
communications, marketing, journalism, or related degree.Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytic skills with the ability to analyze data.
- Strong PC skills (Windows operating system, e-mail, internet
browsing and research).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator,
- Photography skills a plus but can teach.
- Need to be self-motivated and be able to carry out activities
with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentially of sensitive data
required.Compensation$17.83 per hourPosting Close DateJune 30,
2022Pay Rate TypeHourly
Keywords: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas, Topeka , Corporate Communications Intern, Other , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!