Trainee Benefits and Revenues Officer
Company: Capita plc.
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Becoming a Benefits and Revenues Officer with Capita Local
Trainee Benefits and Revenues Officer
Location: Home based
Salary: 20,750 per annum (salary negotiable depending on
Working hours: 37.5 hours, Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:30pm
Our world class Local Government Services team supports local
councils to improve outcomes and focus on what matters in their
communities. We care about helping local councils to transform and
make every penny matter to ensure front line services are protected
as part of their citizens charter to ensure that people live and
We're now seeking Trainee Benefits and Revenues Officers to join
the team. As a Benefits and Revenues officer, you will be tasked
with delivering an accurate Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction
and Revenues processing service in a cost effective and caring
manner, whilst working within constantly changing Benefits
Regulations, Council Tax and Business Rate Legislation.
What you'll be doing:
* Initially undergoing a full training course
* Examine Revenues, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
accounts and claims to ensure all necessary information and
evidence has been provided.
* Update computer records with claim information and gathering
information from customers.
* Process and update Revenues, Housing and Council Tax Support
accounts and claims in line with legislation and client
* Ensure correct documentation is completed and that all work is
well presented and in line with procedures.
* Meet targets within agreed accuracy levels.
* Dealing with other organisations, such as Her Majesty's Revenues
and Customs and the Department for Work and Pensions by
* Be aware of the importance of accuracy, detecting fraudulent
claims and identifying under or overpayments of Housing Benefit and
ensuring Revenues accounts are correct.
* Carry out other administration duties as required.
What we're looking for
* Willingness to learn
* Good communication skills
* Good IT skills
What's in it for you?
* A great basic salary
* 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra
* The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office,
volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
* Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15
weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave,
paternity pay of two weeks
* Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from
discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel
* Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every
strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from
each other on an open, inclusive platform
* Opportunity to work from home
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in
Capita. You'll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced,
innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines
and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills
and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need
to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for
What we hope you'll do next:
Looking to discover more? Let your line manager know, then choose
'Apply now' to fill out our short application and send us your
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please
visit the Capita Careers site.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all
suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or
expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age,
sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected
characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit
and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed
to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Home-Based - GBR
* United Kingdom
Keywords: Capita plc., Topeka , Trainee Benefits and Revenues Officer, Other , Home, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!