Security Officer - Full-Time
Company: ADC LTD NM
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job DescriptionFive (5) Full-Time Positions - ARMED Position: -
Federal Security GuardJob Classification: Full TimeDivision:
Federal ContractReports To: Captain or Regional Manager Position is
located near Abilene, Kansas - Dwight D. Eisenhower LibraryJob
Title: Federal Security GuardReport To: CaptainBusiness Unit:
Federal-Physical SecurityBenefit Eligibility: Eligible Category:
Regular, Full-TimeFLSA: Non-ExemptSupervises: NoneSummary: The
Security Officer position at the Federal post is responsible for
providing security and to safeguard Federal employees, facilities,
Government property and assets from loss, theft, damage,
unauthorized use, criminal acts, espionage, sabotage and terrorism.
The Security Officer is responsible for implementing the Security
Officer Manual. Security Officers will conduct visitor and vehicle
control and screening, monitor and respond to facility cameras and
alarms from intrusion detection systems, perform magnetometer and
X-Ray screening, and other duties as outlined in the Statement of
Work. Job Responsibilities:
- Protect all persons and property and be observant for
suspicious objects, persons and vehicles.
- Provide professional customer service at all times with
courtesy; respect; tact; diplomacy; and self control.
- Following proper procedure in greeting, utilizing the x-ray
machine, vehicle inspections and patrolling.
- Be fully familiar with buildings layouts, floor plans, manual
fire alarm locations, fire extinguisher locations, emergency routes
and evaluation assembly points.
- Be fully familiar with special security equipment and proper
and safe operations.
- Follow proper procedure in greeting, utilizing the x-ray
machine, vehicle inspections and patrolling.
- Perform prompt and timely security patrols on premises to
prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors,
windows and gates.
- Report all violations of published security policy, procedures,
post orders or authorized verbal orders.
- Investigate and write reports on all incidents; accidents;
alarms; disturbances; suspicious activities; safety and fire
hazards; and other security related situations.
- Maintain Post Logs and complete Daily Activity Reports for each
- Provide any needed assistance to customer, employees and
visitors according to the site procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Requirements:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Education: Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to fluently Speak, Read, and Write the English
- Must successfully pass a Pre-Employment Criminal Background
- Must be granted Government Suitability Approval by successfully
passing an (FBI) fingerprint check an OPM (NACI) Background
- Must have a minimum of Three (3) Years Security Experience
within the past five (5) years.
- Must successfully pass a Pre-Employment Medical Examination and
- Must successfully pass a Physical Stamina Performance
- Must successfully pass Firearms Training and
- Must successfully pass New Hire Security Officer and
- Ability and skills to interact and tactfully communicate with
NARA employees, Foundation employees, other Government Personnel
and the General Public.
- Ability to be courteous, tactful, diplomatic, and maintain
self-control even when firmness is necessary in the performance of
- Ability to understand, clearly explains, interpret, and apply
rules, regulations, directives, and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate poise, self-confidence, and an ability
to make sound decisions and react quickly under stressful
- Ability to investigate and prepare clear and concise written
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing situations
- Ability to accept and respond to verbal and written
instructions and directions in the English Language.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating
- Ability to make independent and good judgment decisions
utilizing the Federal Security Officer Manual and ADC LTD NM and
customer policy and procedures.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices
in a business environment and enforcement procedures.
- Demonstrate strong English verbal and written communication
skills.Medical StandardsThe successful candidate must meet the
medical qualifications listed in the Statement of Work.Physical
Demands and Working Conditions:
- Frequent and prolonged walking, standing, sitting, and
stooping, up to twelve (12) hours per day, either indoors or
outdoors, during daytime or nighttime. Outdoor posts may require an
individual to withstand extreme heat, humidity, cold, or severe
weather (e.g., snow, sleet, rain, hail, wind).
- Frequent contact with general public, law enforcement, and
dispatch center, requiring an ability to speak clearly and
distinctly and remain calm in stressful situations (e.g.,
confrontations with angry, distraught, disturbed, or violent
- Ability to remain on post up to four (4) consecutive hours
without sitting, eating, or relieving bladder or bowels.
- Ability to remain alert for up to twelve (12) hours, with
ability to mentally and physically react quickly to a variety of
unexpected and dangerous situations. Use of senses (sight, hearing,
smell, touch) is necessary to discern unusual or dangerous
- Ability to use post security equipment (metal detectors,
X-rays, CCTV); ability to use handcuffs, baton, and firearm at any
time while on duty.
- Ability to read post assignments, writes reports, and responds
to both routine and emergency dispatches or orders.
- Ability to subdue violent or potentially violent or disturbed
individuals, or intervene in a crisis (e.g., provide emergency
First Aid or resuscitation while waiting for arrival of paramedics
or other emergency personnel).
- Occasional running, sprinting, lifting heavy weights, moving
heavy objects, climbing stairs (e.g., in responding to emergencies,
ensuring timely and complete facility evacuations, giving pursuit,
- Evening and Weekend Hours required.Security Clearance:Position
may require a security clearance. Applicants offered employment
with ADC are subject to a federal background investigation to meet
the requirements for accessto classified information or matter if
the duties of the position require a security clearance. Substance
abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal
activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthy
can cause a clearanceto be denied or terminated, resulting in the
inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination
of employment. ADC LTD NM requires the successful completion of
employment and background checks and physical/training requirements
in order to be considered for employment. ADC LTD NM is an Equal
Keywords: ADC LTD NM, Topeka , Security Officer - Full-Time, Other , Abilene, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!