Company: Bettis Asphalt & Construction, Inc.
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Bettis Companies is currently seeking a full-time Safety
Specialist. For over 40 years, Bettis Companies has been a leading
paving contractor based in Topeka, Kansas. Bettis Asphalt portfolio
includes Highways, Streets, Airports, Office/Retail Centers, Large
Industrial Parks, Banks, Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, and
Residential Developments. This position will provide project
management and supervision to the Safety Program requirements in a
construction environment, focused on Heavy Highway Civil
Construction including earth moving equipment, bridge construction,
surface mining, trucking, and concrete and asphalt operations.
*Role and Responsibilities*
The successful candidate will work with the Director of Safety in
planning, developing and administering an effective Environment,
Health & Safety management program at several different sites. This
position will include being able to execute the Safety program at
the site level and provide strategic guidance to employees on all
Safety related issues.
- Coordinate and promote Safety programs and policies. This
includes interpreting government and corporate Safety regulations
- Develop and deliver Safety training to employees, supervisors and
- Prepare for, participate in and follow up on Safety
- Coordinate incident/injury investigations.
*Qualifications and Education Requirements*
Bachelor's Degree in occupational health and safety or related
degree. Internship or 1+ year experience preferred. Relocation to
the area required, must live within 75 miles of Topeka, Kansas.
*Preferred Skills *
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations specifically in
- Experience in handling Safety compliance issues, including
evaluating/interpreting MSHA, OSHA, EPA, KDHE, ATF and DOT
- Required skills include strong communication, technical writing,
training, analytical, time management and organizational
- Must be self-driven; possess excellent interpersonal skills with
all employee levels.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Ability to manage multiple on-going tasks to meet deadlines.
*What Bettis Offers You*
- Highly competitive base pay.
- The company will pay most of the "employee" health insurance plan
provided by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas.
- Company funded term life insurance.
- Group retirement savings program eligible after one year of
service (2 enrollment periods per year - July 1 and January 1). The
company will contribute/match funds up to 4% of your total
compensation into the 401K plan. The company may also contribute to
a voluntary profit-sharing plan based on the overall annual
performance of the company. Contributions to the profit-sharing
plan are at the discretion of the company's management.
- A company vehicle and fuel are provided.
- Two weeks paid vacation will be provided per year. Three weeks of
paid vacation after five years of employment.
- Paid holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day,
Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
*Bettis Asphalt & Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Women, Minorities, and Veterans
are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Bachelor's (Required)
* EHS: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Bettis Asphalt & Construction, Inc., Topeka , Safety Specialist, Other , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!