Data Center Services Specialist
Company: Kansas Office of Information Technology Services
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Compensation:Annual Salary: $46,000-$52,000/annualNote: Salary
can vary depending upon education, experience, or
Position Summary:This position will exist in the Office of
Information Technology Services (OITS) reporting to the Data Center
as a Service Manager while providing services and solutions to the
OITS Data Center as a Service and Professional Services teams.
The Data Center Services Specialist position will support the
current OITS server environment and assist in building and
implementing the Native Azure cloud environments for OITS and
Executive Branch Agencies. This position will be required to
coordinate with OITS teams in support and administration of servers
supporting the OITS environment. This position will also support
technical teams on problem resolution, design, upgrades and tasks
with servers and Azure cloud solutions. This position will offer
input to establish short-term and long-term strategic needs for the
OITS server environment and the OITS Azure cloud environment.
This position will be responsible for assisting with the strategic
direction for the OITS hosted DCaaS solutions and Azure cloud
solutions. Will be responsible for taking part and offering input
in disaster recovery exercise(s) specific to OITS servers and
- Introductory understanding and experience managing server
operating systems including Microsoft and Linux
- Introductory understanding in utilizing managed services or
Cloud based services in providing for customer needs
- Experience with IAAS and PAAS infrastructures and experience
with AzureAD, Azure cloud services, Google cloud services, and
Amazon cloud services is a major plus
- Understanding of Microsoft environments (Server 2008, 2012,
2016 OS), in-depth understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and
its components in an enterprise environment is a major plus
- Knowledge and understanding of Kerberos and NLTM, LDAP and SAML
- Preferred experience with multi-forest Active Directory
- Understanding of Active Directory Replication, DNS, Site Links,
Site Topology, Group Policy, Global Catalogs, and other core
infrastructure components required.
- Knowledge utilizing PowerShell in configuration and
administration of Microsoft solutions is a major plus
- Hands-on experience with Windows and Linux environments, both
Server and Client based
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
and the ability to effectively communicate with and work
collaboratively with Agency technical teams as well as Agency
leadership and business unit management when required.
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Computer Science
or relevant field is preferred. A combination of education,
training, and experience may be substituted when competency in the
role is demonstrated.
- Certifications in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar
technologies is a plus.
- Ability to obtain and retain an OITS Security Clearance is a
requirement of employment and continued employment.
- Ability to obtain a valid Kansas Certificate of Tax Clearance
Disclaimer: Due to security requirements related to system access,
the following will result in disqualification for this position:
Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A
Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions
less than 10 years, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony
Keywords: Kansas Office of Information Technology Services, Topeka , Data Center Services Specialist, Other , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!